How are the rookies doing?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Tony Pauline reported that, but Dan Duggan's source gave him a clean bill of health.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/georgia-football-azeez-ojulari-first-round-nfl-draft

I don't know if he does or doesn't have a degenerative knee condition, but some team doctors made that evaluation while others didn't. Certain teams having that marked against him is certainly why he fell.

The Atlanta Falcons gave Gurley a clean bill of health too even though his knees were definitely shot. Hard to say what's actually true. 

Nick Bolton - Meh to decent play

Creed Humphrey - Solid starter, only given up one pressure/sack

Joshua Kaindoh - Looks like a raw rookie

Noah Gray - Looked amazing out of pads, then the pads came on and he started looking more like a 5th round pick.

Cornell Powell - Looked turrible, is on PS

Trey Smith - Solid starter, good against the run, dude is an animal and im glad hes on our side

On 10/7/2021 at 2:36 PM, FinSting said:

Jaylen Waddle scored 2 pts.

For the Raiders. 

The Dolphins have draft picks, not rookies. That always needs to be understood. It's like annually going to a car dealer, haggling and spending, then driving home in the same vehicle every time.

Tutu Atwell - Underwhelming, but he wasn't going to be counted on much this year

Ernest Jones - Flashed in the preseason, but he hasn't made much of an impact so far

Bobby Brown - Project. Hasn't played much, if at all

Robert Rochell - Rough start against Seattle, but I think he's going to be a good player

Jacob Harris - Developmental guy, but he has massive upside

Earnest Brown - Cut and on the PS, I think

Jake Funk - More of a special teamer than anything

Ben Skowronek - Good special teamer so far

Chris Garrett - Flashed some potential in the preseason, but he's buried on the depth chart

ReShawn Slater is on his way to becoming one of the best LT in the NFL. So I'd say he's having a fantastic rookie season

Assante Samuel is having one of the better rookie seasons for a CB. Only rookie CB to pick off Mahomes 

Josh Palmer looked promising in TC and PS but is buried in the depth chart due to Mike Will having a career year and Guyton eating up the other snaps.

Tre McKitty is buried in the depth but really hasn't showed anything and I don't think he will as he was super raw coming out of Georgia.

Chris Rumph isn't getting many playtime and that's due to just how well Tillery and Nwosu have been playing. 

Brenden Jaimes is a rotational guard that could see starting time next season.

Nick Niemann has been just okay considering where he was drafted. Should see more playtime now with Murray out but is strictly a depth player at this point.

Mark Webb hasn't been activated for any games but looked about as good as any 7th rounder can be in pre-season.

• Like 1

Darrisaw hasn’t played yet. Been injured since camp.

Wyatt Davis is a reserve guard, got beat out by converted Tackle Udoh at RG. Has gotten camp reps at Center so he might have a future somewhere along the IOL. LG Cleveland hasn’t been very good this year so maybe he takes over at some point.

Kellen Mond has been a train wreck. Might be lucky to be a backup come next year. Long ways to go to show he’s even NFL worthy. Only on the team due to draft status. 

Chaz Surratt flashed in the preseason and could be a nice special teams player. Not sure if he will be anything more than that. 

Ihmir Smith-Marette is the kick returner and hasn’t done anything notable.

The rest have either been injured, buried on the depth chart or off the team. 

I wouldn’t say this is a disappointing class yet, but not having any day one contributors has hurt.  There’s some pieces that might be much better in the future like Darrisaw, Davis, Patrick Jones and Jenarius Robinson but it’s too soon to judge.

Edited by vikingsrule