Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, SBLIII said:

He has never beat McCarthy.

??? Did they even play last year? Or back with some other teams MM may have coached as an assistant? 

Rogers owns Dallas. I think he lost one game against them his entire career early in the regular season. He’s the last team Dallas wants to see.

If Dallas gets the bye (and someone can make a poll), they’d want:

1. Rams

2. Cardinals

3. TB

4. GB 

In that order. I mean a lot depends on who’s healthy, but at full strength that’s how I’d rack them up.

42 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

??? Did they even play last year? Or back with some other teams MM may have coached as an assistant? 

Rogers owns Dallas. I think he lost one game against them his entire career early in the regular season. He’s the last team Dallas wants to see.

If Dallas gets the bye (and someone can make a poll), they’d want:

1. Rams

2. Cardinals

3. TB

4. GB 

In that order. I mean a lot depends on who’s healthy, but at full strength that’s how I’d rack them up.

The Rams would send Dallas home again.

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams would send Dallas home again.

Maybe, both Stafford and Rogers can deal. Murray scares me the more though but he doesn’t have the experience. You beat two of those caliber teams you deserve the Lombardi right there, let alone beating three to get to the SB. As it stands, Rams/Cards in that #5 hole means it is so dangerous to be the #4. Have to be a top three seed to have a realistic shot. Even so, Minnesota and possibly San Fran present enough challenges in the WC round. I think we will see the true advantage the #1 seed has in this new format.

Edited by WheatieMan

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

you bolded the wrong part.

bold the last part, that's the actual important part

That means a momentum bump while sidestepping the QB on footstep 2 not a rough shove on step 4 or 5.

It was a clear call on a cheap shot moron who had no business touching the QB

His coaches will nail him for it on film study.

I think that if the Chiefs changed their name to the Wolves (reflecting the KC Wolf mascot), it could lead to some interesting headlines:

"Wolves Devour Broncos"

"Wolves Feast on Cardinals"

"Wolves Chow Down on Dolphins"

"Wolves Eat Up Rams"

"Wolves Swallow Ravens"

13 hours ago, Apparition said:

What I saw today was that he's taking the training wheels off slowly and is sticking to a specific plan that's being dictated by what he sees as Mac's progression. It's the same thing we saw in '01 when Brady took over. You go back and watch his first few starts, and he was actually being considerably more conservative with Brady than he currently is with Jones. It's good news if we're taking the long view, but it's also going to be frustrating to watch them lose winnable games because of that. 

Yes. BB isn't afraid of playing the long game, he's an intelligent and non-impulsive person quite clearly

But man I think we should have gone for two or three 4th downs this season...