What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Solar Opposites - it's an animated show by Justin Roiland of Rick and Morty fame.

It's starts off a bit slow, but finds a pretty good pace. It's not Rick and Morty good, but it's good, it has its own charm.

My wife and I tried to get into on Amazon Prime - it started off feeling a lot like The Boys, but then it really couldn't figure out if it wanted to be a campy comic book style show, or a serious, dark and true take on hunting Nazi's in 1970s NYs - I think either take would have been good, just stick with a single take.

I had higher hopes for Al Pacino on a TV show about hunting Nazi's.

Almost 4 seasons into Blue Bloods now.  They definitely overdo it with the Reagen's a bit.  They solve 10 year old cold cases in a day, they can make someone confess just by looking at him, and almost no one they ever talk to wants a lawyer.  That said, they seem to get about 4-5 really good episodes per season that kind of makes everything tie together and worth the watch.  It's not great, but i'm enjoying it.

I'm watching the season finale of The Blacklist.  

They didn't get done filming before they were shut down by the virus.

They created about half of the episode in a somewhat crude animation, and did voiceover work for the rest.  It kind of gives you insight as to how they go about filming an episode, as the scenes moved back and forth between animation and live action.  

In my opinion, they did a decent job of closing out this season by creating it in this way.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/05/the-blacklist-season-7-proof-animation-pandemic-1202231458/

On 5/14/2020 at 10:42 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Line of Duty - Finishing up the 2nd season (out of 5 or 6, I think), and the storylines are very complex.  Really enjoying it.

In the middle of season 4 (only a half dozen episodes per season), and this series keeps getting better.  

If you don't have Acorn TV, I encourage you to get the 30 day free trial and check this one out.  (Oh, yeah....and Detectorists.  Great series.)

Seasons 3 and 4 are on Hulu, but it jumps into the middle of a storyline.  

https://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2020/04/10-reasons-why-line-of-duty-is-your-new-favorite-crime-series

Quibi has got to be the worst-conceived streaming platform ever.  Trying to bank on changing narrative structures and time constraints that people have gotten used to in over 100 years of narrative fiction on film...

Edited by Outpost31