What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

9 hours ago, 43M said:

What good comedies are you referring to?   Comedy is subjective so Im not going to slam anyone for liking something I dont, but I think most comedy that has come out of Hollywood the last 8 years or so has been absolutely insufferable, especially CBS comedies, which are all so formulaic, one-note and dumbed down.    

The only good comedies still running (that Im aware of) is Always Sunny and SOMETIMES South Park.    There may be other comedies Im not aware of, but its gotten so bad that I usually stick to watching older comedies on Hulu.   Sad that alot of comedies today make some of those cheesy 80s sitcoms seem watchable.

If we're including cable, I just finished Veep and it was fantastic. One of the best comedies I ever watched. Curb is still great. Always Sunny, like you noted. I'm a big Rick and Morty guy. 

As far as network, I enjoyed most of Modern Family. Parks and Rec was very good. Brooklyn Nine Nine. I never watched it, but A Good Place seems to get good reviews. One of my guilty pleasures was The Middle.

Again, most of those network one's weren't earth shattering, I get that.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:52 AM, MikeT14 said:

If we're including cable, I just finished Veep and it was fantastic. One of the best comedies I ever watched. Curb is still great. Always Sunny, like you noted. I'm a big Rick and Morty guy. 

As far as network, I enjoyed most of Modern Family. Parks and Rec was very good. Brooklyn Nine Nine. I never watched it, but A Good Place seems to get good reviews. One of my guilty pleasures was The Middle.

Again, most of those network one's weren't earth shattering, I get that.

Too add on to this post Big Mouth and workaholics are good comedies with similar senses of humor. 

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I’ve heard good things. Has anything on Syfy been good besides Sharknado?

The Expanse original aired on Syfy IIRC. I also liked Dark Matter and Kiljoys. Battlestar Galatica also aired there, but that was almost a few decades ago at this point

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:
On 8/17/2020 at 12:23 AM, Malfatron said:

binging the 3rd season of Young Sheldon

Its very good actually

I don’t believe you.

im being 100 percent honest

its a cross between the wonder years and modern family.

less depressing than the former and funnier than the latter

**** damn **** I am enjoying Kingdom.  Season one just ended and I am fully prepared to hype the hell out of this show. I don’t even care much for zombies, but this is beyond zombies.  

The only thing I dislike about this series is that there are only 6 episodes per season. Everybody watch this so Netflix doesn’t cancel it.