What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s done. I would recommend starting from the beginning again since the story is so complicated. I watched some of the first season again and it made me appreciate how much they planned in advance. Nothing was pulled out of thin air like something like Lost was. There are hints of what is to come everywhere.

Perfect, thanks.

• Like 1

The GF and I binged watched the first two seasons of Cobra Kai. I will say, to start off, the kids (teenagers) are mostly bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal actors. Just not good at all. And the plots between Daniel and Johnny just basically follow the same routine over and over (though admittedly, at least this is true to each character), but I will say that we weirdly enjoyed it to a high degree lol. I don't know what it is. Maybe the fact that I'm a child of the 80's, the nostalgia of checking on these characters I knew from so long ago...but yeah, we really had a lot of fun with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The GF and I binged watched the first two seasons of Cobra Kai. I will say, to start off, the kids (teenagers) are mostly bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal actors. Just not good at all. And the plots between Daniel and Johnny just basically follow the same routine over and over (though admittedly, at least this is true to each character), but I will say that we weirdly enjoyed it to a high degree lol. I don't know what it is. Maybe the fact that I'm a child of the 80's, the nostalgia of checking on these characters I knew from so long ago...but yeah, we really had a lot of fun with it. 

I just Watched the first 2 seasons as well. And I find Daniel to be a pretty annoying character. 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, Xenos said:

I highly recommend Dark on Netflix. Just binged watch the entire series. An incredibly complicated but worthwhile ride. The less you know about the show going in, the better. Also watch it in German with subtitles.

Just finished it as well.  Loved it.  Didn't do subtitles, tho.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

If you can handle the dub, then all the power to you 👊 

I didn't think it as that bad at all.  A few times it was cringe-worthy, but I wanted to focus on everything visually happening, including the aging characters.  Couldn't do that if I was reading all of the subtitles.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I didn't think it as that bad at all.  A few times it was cringe-worthy, but I wanted to focus on everything visually happening, including the aging characters.  Couldn't do that if I was reading all of the subtitles.

Binging the entire series surprisingly allowed me to keep crack of most the characters. They did a good job with the actors and their similarities.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, Xenos said:

I highly recommend Dark on Netflix. Just binged watch the entire series. An incredibly complicated but worthwhile ride. The less you know about the show going in, the better. Also watch it in German with subtitles.

This is a show I'm going to have to go back to. Season 1 was phenomenal but when season 2 came out, like a year had passed and I didn't take the time to re-watch season 1 and was completely lost trying to watch season 2 so I just kinda stopped watching. Now that the whole show is on Netflix, I might give it a go. 

• Like 2