What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve seen resoundingly good reviews for The Leftovers so I’ve been watching it. Through the first season and I don’t feel a particular pull to it or an above average fondness of it. I’m waiting for the moment it starts to click for me. I’d say the only detriment to the show is the mental health issue of the cop; in general, mental illness in shows isn’t a fun plot device or cop out. 

I only made it like 3 episodes. I will give it another shot some day, but I wasn't particularly swept up by it either. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve seen resoundingly good reviews for The Leftovers so I’ve been watching it. Through the first season and I don’t feel a particular pull to it or an above average fondness of it. I’m waiting for the moment it starts to click for me. I’d say the only detriment to the show is the mental health issue of the cop; in general, mental illness in shows isn’t a fun plot device or cop out. 

It is an interesting show. The first season was a little bit of a drag until the end and the last few episodes were excellent. The writing and acting is so good. The second season has one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched. It's definitely not for everyone but if you liked the first season even a little bit, I think S2 is worth a watch. It was the best season IMO. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 4:12 PM, Malfatron said:

Tom goes to the Mayor is excellent so far.

Probably my favorite thing I've seen on adult swim

I never liked the Tim and Eric show, but Tom Goes to the Mayor was really good.. I don't think it lasted very long though 

Sealab 2021 was always one of my favorites.. Aqua Teen of course. Moral Oral, Oblongs, and Home Movies are all good ones too

On 8/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, Ty21 said:

The Leftovers is a top 5 for me. Love it. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, kingseanjohn said:

@Bucketheadsdad

Where to start.... I actually enjoyed the majority of the season. But holy ****. That final episode of the Blacklist is the most dog**** episode of anything I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like Game of Thrones season 8 wrapped up in one hour topped with extra cat poo. There's a million other endings that would've been better and that's what they did?!? Pure yikes and it make me cringe.

I've watched that show, on air, since it started way back when.  I've loved that show for a long time.

I could see that ending coming a mile away.  I was certain there would be a great "swerve" in there, but no, they kept going with it.

It was a very bad ending episode on a lot of different levels.  The whole "chase" of Reddington was cringe worthy.

But that ending was setup by Dembai in the hospital bed.  The speech in the bed was fine, but to see it unfold?  Awful.

That series deserved much better.

Even an Elizabeth Force Ghost joined by her mom, err, Red, would have been better.

• Like 1

Fargo Season 2 is amazing, on episode 7 right now.

My favorite character is Lou (the best role I've seen Patrick Wilson play) but seriously everyone is awesome.  Ed, Peggy, Mike, Floyd, everyone putting some of their best work in.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

The best thing about Succession is that when Roman cut and styled his hair, I said he looked like Fuller from Home Alone. I had zero idea that was Macaulay's brother in the movie until this show and it was actually Fuller. 

I said before I can see the appeal of this show but I'm 2.5 episodes left (wife has to finish what she started) and it's just gotten worse and worse. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The best thing about Succession is that when Roman cut and styled his hair, I said he looked like Fuller from Home Alone. I had zero idea that was Macaulay's brother in the movie until this show and it was actually Fuller. 

I said before I can see the appeal of this show but I'm 2.5 episodes left (wife has to finish what she started) and it's just gotten worse and worse. 

I liked it, but I got tired of it after binging for a while. I’m on like the 3rd episode of season 3 and not in a hurry to pick it back up again. 

The show I’m most interested in right now is Winning Time, but I also enjoyed the first episode of painkiller on Netflix.

23 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Fargo Season 2 is amazing, on episode 7 right now.

My favorite character is Lou (the best role I've seen Patrick Wilson play) but seriously everyone is awesome.  Ed, Peggy, Mike, Floyd, everyone putting some of their best work in.

A+ show, every season was great imo. Season 5 is supposed to come out later this year

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

For those that are watching Ahsoka, do I need to watch Rebels before watching it?  I watched the first episode last night and feel like I’ve already seen spoilers 😂

It would certainly help.  Season 1 is up and down and a little too kid friendly, but season 2 is good, and then seasons 3 and 4 are great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It would certainly help.  Season 1 is up and down and a little too kid friendly, but season 2 is good, and then seasons 3 and 4 are great.

Gotcha. I’m actually in season 3. It took me about 4 starts to finally start watching the animated Star Wars series. Found out I actually quite enjoy them. 

Yeah I think I’m going to try getting thru Rebels first then.