What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 3/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, carl_sjunior said:

They aren't even similar. I'm not a huge Seinfeld fan but it's definitely funny, and so is Curb, but Curb is just awkward as all hell. It's hard to watch. Like it's hysterical but somehow is harder to watch. And this is coming from a huge fan of the Office.

I get a very seinfeld feel from the show. Like some of the storylines could of easily been in Seinfeld. The episode where he makes the affirmative action joke could of easily been a Seinfeld joke.

Its hard to watch cause its awkward but its not  funny awkward really. Its like when I go and try and finish the last episode in the 1st season, I much rather watch something else. Show actually helped me finish black mirror.    

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I get a very seinfeld feel from the show. Like some of the storylines could of easily been in Seinfeld. The episode where he makes the affirmative action joke could of easily been a Seinfeld joke.

Its hard to watch cause its awkward but its not  funny awkward really. Its like when I go and try and finish the last episode in the 1st season, I much rather watch something else. Show actually helped me finish black mirror.    

I don't find Curb that awkward really. I really enjoy it, and I love Larry David's character.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the best TV comedy since Seinfeld.  Larry David is my spirit animal. 

completely disagree at the moment. Im struggling to finish the first season of curb

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

completely disagree at the moment. Im struggling to finish the first season of curb

Then stop watching.  If shows about highly neurotic people with no shame aren't for you, they aren't for you and you should turn it off.  I will say that I love this show and I struggled to get through the first season not because I didn't think it was funny, but because it felt weird for some reason.  The production quality was so low and the show didn't find its groove until about the second season.  If you think there's a chance you might like it, keep watching.  If not, don't. 

Since tv kind of sucks right now outside of Atlanta, Ive been watching some older sitcoms on Netflix.

Friends-Through like 5 seasons. The first season was absolutely awful. It has gotten better, but I still dont see where its held as one of the best sitcoms ever.

Cheers-Just about finished with the first season, and its damn good. I remember seeing a little of the later episodes as a little kid, but I really didnt appreciate it.

I think Ill hit up Frazier next, and would like to find Wings and Night Court after that.

On 3/18/2018 at 8:16 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Then stop watching.  If shows about highly neurotic people with no shame aren't for you, they aren't for you and you should turn it off.  I will say that I love this show and I struggled to get through the first season not because I didn't think it was funny, but because it felt weird for some reason.  The production quality was so low and the show didn't find its groove until about the second season.  If you think there's a chance you might like it, keep watching.  If not, don't. 

I’m about two episodes into the 2nd season and it’s so much better than the 1st season. The car salesman stuff was hilarious 

• Like 2

Finished Mad Men after a month and a half. Ending was okay. Unspectacular but okay. 

-didn't like how they destroyed Don's character in season 2 and 3 and made him so weak and vulnerable. I know it's to make him more fleshed out in some ways but all it did was make him seem like a wimp. 

-Betty Draper was the worst tv wife of all time until the last season when she finally just became tolerable. 

-Megan Draper was annoying as hell and I cringed when he proposed to her. Her and her rotting nasty horse teeth and ego. Ugh. Why did they keep her around for like 4 f'ing seasons. Faye was bae. 

-Roger Sterling was the only character that really stayed himself and was solid all around. 

-Peggy was another one that had her character diminished left and right as time went on. She made so many childish and stupid decisions. 

-Christina Hendricks was a bit annoying after they made her a partner but she stayed hot even at like 40. 

-Sally Draper was a good actress and did a good job

-the one writer that cut his nipple off was an extremely bizarre decision. How did he go from normal to all out psychopath in one episode? That's another thing that annoyed me. Extremely abrupt and out of nowhere storylines that were never even hinted at and just came to be out of nowhere. 

-cancer seemed to be the biggest theme. Seemed like over and over again it was popping up for all the characters lol. Don't know if that's lazy writing or a statement about the world back then