What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Do people really like Supernatural? I know its been on tv for 25 years now, but what is the appeal? Ive been watching a episode here and there on Netflix, and I just dont get it.

If you don't like it early, don't watch it at all. 

The show was bad (but something to watch) for like three seasons, then it hit its peak with a really good apocalypse arc, then it got worse and worse and worse and worse.  I haven't watched it for about 6 seasons now and I stuck with it much longer than I should have because I really like the concept. 

Needed something to watch and took a chance on The Last Kingdom. The plot moves really fast, too fast even so character development is pretty much non-existent. The main character is basically Jon Snow, right down to his appearance. Like Snow, Uhtred is stupidly stubborn, but about 100x worse making him incredibly frustrating to follow. I'll finish the first season to see where it goes but not sure if I'll continue after that. I like that it's loosely based on actual history but if the events are even somewhat accurate, it think seems like either a miracle or divine intervention that England managed to become the dominant country of Great Britain.

Edited by skywindO2

12 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Needed something to watch and took a chance on The Last Kingdom. The plot moves really fast, too fast even so character development is pretty much non-existent. The main character is basically Jon Snow, right down to his appearance. Like Snow, Uhtred is stupidly stubborn, but about 100x worse making him incredibly frustrating to follow. I'll finish the first season to see where it goes but not sure if I'll continue after that. I like that it's loosely based on actual history but if the events are even somewhat accurate, it think seems like either a miracle or divine intervention that England managed to become the dominant country of Great Britain.

I actually really liked this show but did so in spite of the main character. The main character is vain, condescending and just awful but I thought the period of history was quite interesting and ended up liking everyone else around him. 

This history is actually pretty accurate which is crazy. The Vikings had the Saxons more or less cornered but the Saxons managed to turn the tides eventually, although it happened after the King of the show. 

On 3/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, LeeEvans said:

I actually really liked this show but did so in spite of the main character. The main character is vain, condescending and just awful but I thought the period of history was quite interesting and ended up liking everyone else around him. 

This history is actually pretty accurate which is crazy. The Vikings had the Saxons more or less cornered but the Saxons managed to turn the tides eventually, although it happened after the King of the show. 

Interesting. We watched and finished the first 2 Last Kingdom seasons quickly. Loved it all, and the main character. 

We have been watching Hand Of God on Amazon Prime, and are finished with season 1. It's been very worthwhile. 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, djw4bucs said:

On Season 4 of Dexter right now, Really enjoying it, can't believe i waited so long to watch it. 

Yeah, we zipped through it a second time, but purposely skipped the final season. Remembered we didn't care for that one. 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, devils1854 said:

Do people really like Supernatural? I know its been on tv for 25 years now, but what is the appeal? Ive been watching a episode here and there on Netflix, and I just dont get it.

For years, it had a very solid main story. Now I think it's better viewed in specific episodes. At some point, they jumped the shark, but in some pretty entertaining ways. Those are the episodes I really enjoy. Now its no longer something I watch consistently, but usually after a season airs and I get a need to watch something on netflix or something, I may go back and watch the seasonI missed while I'm doing stuff like folding laundry. It's become a mindless comfort show at this point that I can put on, am easily familiar with, but don't really have to pay attention to it. But some of the episodes are pretty fun. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

For years, it had a very solid main story. Now I think it's better viewed in specific episodes. At some point, they jumped the shark, but in some pretty entertaining ways. Those are the episodes I really enjoy. Now its no longer something I watch consistently, but usually after a season airs and I get a need to watch something on netflix or something, I may go back and watch the seasonI missed while I'm doing stuff like folding laundry. It's become a mindless comfort show at this point that I can put on, am easily familiar with, but don't really have to pay attention to it. But some of the episodes are pretty fun. 

I finished the first season last night and I somewhat enjoyed it but i hate the one off on almost every episode. Ill slowly keep going, but meh.

I'm watching The Office from season one to the end for the second time and I've just remembered why I don't hold The Office in very high regard: The British woman from the end of the eighth season through the final season.  She is the most obnoxious, unfunny character I have ever had to endure in a TV comedy.  I don't know what the showrunners thought they would be doing for the show by adding her, but I can't stand her.  Erin was the first step in the wrong direction.  Gabe was the second (and second worst) step in the wrong direction, but that British woman (Natalie I think her name is) is the most obnoxious character I have ever seen in a show.  Those three characters completely destroyed this series.  Natalie was worst, Gabe second worst and  then Erin.  I don't even want to finish the final season right now.