What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 7/2/2018 at 10:18 AM, INbengalfan said:

daredevil Season 1, with the ntent of doing the Defenders series' in the right order

Do yourself a favor and skip Iron Fist S1 - get a YouTube highlight show there.   Just not worth the time on that season.  

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Do yourself a favor and skip Iron Fist S1 - get a YouTube highlight show there.   Just not worth the time on that season.  

Thanks for the tip.  Already on Jessica Jones season 1 now.  The perks of having summers off.

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I actually disagree. I seem to be in the minority but I loved the iron fist. 

Don't really think I'm gonna start a new show anytime soon. Made a long list of shows I want to rewatch which will take me months: Parks & Rec, Archer, Entourage, American Vandal, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Wire

I do have a bunch of shows I'll be watching "live" too: Last Chance U, Better Call Saul, Ballers, Ozark, BoJack Horseman. I think there will be more Arrested Development/American Vandal/Big Mouth in 2018, and hopefully Mr Robot/Stranger Things/Mindhunter too

17 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I actually disagree. I seem to be in the minority but I loved the iron fist. 

It’s just OK - the season was basically twice as long as it needed to be.   So much filler - all to get to the point of Rand mastering the Iron Fist.    Very meh fight scenes and repetitive dialogue scenes.   

Jessica Jones S1 was the pinnacle - each who really built on the mystery and character exposition.    Iron Fist seemed like a one-note progression - and made worse by the fact we all knew where the Big Bad Evil Corp the Hand was headed.   It’s always the problem of prequel-izing a season.   Honestly I saw a recap video and realized it gave me everything I’d want from IF S1 than having seen it ep by ep (which I did too).  I wouldn’t want that from any other season (although a couple of eps in Daredevil S1 and Luke Cage were very meh overall I got the progression and why it helped set up Defenders; a recap of Iron Fist really all that’s needed to get ready for him in Defenders). 

Edited by Broncofan

19 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Jessica Jones S1 was the pinnacle - each who really built on the mystery and character exposition

From that perspective, yes.  But the action scenes were awful.

• Something bad happens
  • Jessica Jones either:
    • Freezes
    • Grabs and tosses bad guy

The pinnacle of action scenes was in Daredevil Season 1.  I had a hard time getting through Jessica Jones.  I haven't bothered watching the rest.  Only caught bits and pieces as my wife watches them.  But they don't hold my interest.

Evil Genius was a really fascinating story but I'm sure the producers embellished a lot of it. I'm really surprised I never heard any of the national coverage of the story, or if I did, it was probably in and out right away. 

This past week while I was on vacation at the lake I started watching The Ranch on Netflix. It's basically your run-of-the-mill family sitcom show that you'd see on any basic cable network except they're allowed to swear. That's the only difference.

The show is supposed to be about a family that lives in a super small town and owns a ranch, but there's no ranching ever shown on the show and in this tiny little town somehow every single girl that lives there is a super model. It's essentially Hollywood's interpretation of what ranching and small towns are like, and it was kind of insulting to watch that show while in a small town in Idaho that has tons of ranching farms surrounding it, knowing that literally everything in this show as it's portrayed is complete nonsense.

That being said, once you get past that, the show has it's moments where there's some good humor, especially from Sam Elliott (who plays the father). Aside from those scattered moments of humor, though, the show is pretty bland.