Zach Ertz traded to the Cardinals for Tay Gowan and 2022 5th

MikeT14

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Hopkins fantasy owners punch a hole in the wall, as evidence by this massive hole in my office wall...

LOL. I think that Hopkins will be fine. I highly doubt that Ertz will be a huge factor for them. I'd say that everyone else on the offense may have a very small decrease in production (except for Murray who has every chance to be the QB1 this year).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It did re the downfall of Ertz, just wanted to say how good Williams has been.

Oh, good. And yes, you are correct, Williams has been very good this year. I honestly don't think Ertz is going to be quite as good, especially in his all around game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

LOL. I think that Hopkins will be fine. I highly doubt that Ertz will be a huge factor for them. I'd say that everyone else on the offense may have a very small decrease in production (except for Murray who has every chance to be the QB1 this year).

I don't disagree - I think he'll be fine, too - but this is probably the most support Hopkins has, ever. 

Once upon a time, Hopkins was the only show in town, and that led to an overabundance of targets - and with his incredible ability to get a ball as long as it's in the general zip code, Hop was a PPR dream. 

Now? Rondale Moore is a budding star, Christian Kirk is becoming reliable, AJ Green is winding the clock back up, Maxx Williams was Gronkin' around and now with Ertz in the fold... those targets are starting to come down.

Hopkins is still putting up numbers, but he's not having those 10/155/2 games anymore - too many mouths to feed.

I'm off to kick the wall, think I broke my hand...

• Like 1