Is this the worst Browns regime?

everlong

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Front office is about analytics. Work smarter, not harder. It's about efficiency.

1-23, maybe it’s time to work a little harder too.

IDK. I make fun of them a lot but I do like what they're doing stockpiling these draft picks. And I do respect Hue Jackson. And I do see some improvements in some areas. The run D is night and day from last year. I think they should give it a minute. But the problem I see and why I think they'll ultimately fail is that no one in that building seems to know what a good QB looks like. So when they do finally sign a QB or draft one high it's probably going to be the wrong one. But I do think the overall talent level of the team is going to improve greatly 

11 hours ago, kramxel said:

I was arguing earlier in the thread, they should be given more time, but trying to trade for McCarron on the deadline, reeks of desperation....

This is why I don't give them the benefit of the doubt. They don't deserve it. 

There is no master plan 

14 hours ago, lancerman said:

I just don't look for the silver lining anymore. To me it's ignorant to assume there is some grand plan that is going to work.

I think you have finally got it right. When a FO produces the worst record in the history of pro football, you just know whatever their plan was, is just never going to work.

The AJ McCarron trade debacle has laid bare the plain fact that Browns coach Hue Jackson and the people who run Cleveland’s front office are not a good fit. But that should have been clear long ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/browns-should-have-known-hue-jackson-and-the-front-office-would-clash/

Which is why I have indicated that the Browns will just need to find another coach, and stick with the front office.  You've picked the way forward from an organizational perspective, now let the front office find a coach that they can work with, as Hue has clearly shown that he isn't interested in doing so....and isn't good enough a coach to warrant the benefit of the doubt.

I like the article's idea of hiring Schwartz.  Despite some of the shortcomings of his personality that came out at times in Detroit, he is a good head coach and deserves another opportunity and I believe he'd be a good fit there.  

2 hours ago, Danger said:

If Hue Jackson wants to give up a 2nd and a 3rd for AJ McCarron, that's proof enough he isn't a good head coach and he needs to go. LOL

I mean.... didn't we already know this the last time he made "the greatest trade in football" for a Bengal's QB?

Hue logic..... if the starting Bengal QB is worth a 1st and 2nd. Then a backup is worth a 2nd and 3rd lol.

Believe it or not, no, this isn't the worst Browns regime - the one before this one was the worst. Unfortunately the inept owner is the same, and he actually promoted one of the guys from the last failure of a regime to the top exec position, so we'll see.

Archived