RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • Ratbirds
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Shanahan and Lynch are literally praised like Jesus Christ and God but the 49ers suck again, 3/4 years, lol.

It’s all a narrative. Mayock has sucked in the 3rd and has been spotty in the 1st, but has made some nice late round picks and savvy signings. Makes a huge difference. 

12 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

When he’s gets his TD a eagle defender throws a shoulder at him right at he’s entering maybe hits at a weird angle don’t know 

He’s entering dmac levels of fragility 🤦🏽‍♂️ Iirc josh dipped his shoulder last second and they barely tapped pads.

20 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I’m guessing don’t know but after that we don’t see him again if I recall correctly 

Yup out for the rest of the game I literally was like “yes td finally josh is healthy” then I see him walking to the locker room 🤦🏽‍♂️

I liked what Gruden did with the offense. His ability to draw up plays, but Greg Olsen has done a better job of executing the offense. The Screen plays. The natural pick play on that Edwards TD catch. That play was never in the playbook with Gruden, but it’s such a easy pass and catch and it’s crazy how two simple plays like that and a screen pass just weren’t in the game plan before. I like how Olsen has put in some of his plays to modernize the offense more. 

Two best offensive games of the year come when Olsen is calling the plays….. interesting 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s all a narrative. Mayock has sucked in the 3rd and has been spotty in the 1st, but has made some nice late round picks and savvy signings. Makes a huge difference. 

That’s the question though: Was Mayock actually the one making the Draft calls in the 1st-through-3rd rounds, or was Gruden running the show until he stopped caring about it on Day 3?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m thinking Carr also has better communication with Olsen on plays he likes where Gruden was more of a dictator. The offense is just so much smoother right now

Understatement of the week right here. 

In every game this season while Gruden was around, we started out clunky as hell before we either turned it on or crumbled. 

Whatever has changed, we have come out both of the last two weeks and executed like an offense that understands what it wants to do

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Understatement of the week right here. 

In every game this season while Gruden was around, we started out clunky as hell before we either turned it on or crumbled. 

Whatever has changed, we have come out both of the last two weeks and executed like an offense that understands what it wants to do

No surprise that two players (Ruggs, Drake) are getting their numbers called by Olsen and making things happen.  If I'm to understand, Gruden wasn't the one who pushed for Drake. That felt evident the way he phased him out almost immediately. 

As for the draft... I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. His track record prior to the joining the Raiders suggested he knows his stuff. His drafting has been abysmal. If we're to believe that's all Gruden with his 51% say, then we owe it to Mayock with his 51% to prove it wasn't his fault. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I liked what Gruden did with the offense. His ability to draw up plays, but Greg Olsen has done a better job of executing the offense. The Screen plays. The natural pick play on that Edwards TD catch. That play was never in the playbook with Gruden, but it’s such a easy pass and catch and it’s crazy how two simple plays like that and a screen pass just weren’t in the game plan before. I like how Olsen has put in some of his plays to modernize the offense more. 

Two best offensive games of the year come when Olsen is calling the plays….. interesting 

I'm gonna see this till I'm blue in the face: it all looks better when the offensive line actually blocks doll looks worse when the offensive line doesn't block

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is Philon hurt? Surprised to see Square again with Hank back. 

5 snaps for Wright? He been phased out?

Wright looks to be in 3 LB looks or spelling Perryman or Littleton?

By Leavitts snap count we are playing 3 safeties look more and more.  As @oakdb36says Leavitt has been quietly good. 

Edited by Dessie

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No surprise that two players (Ruggs, Drake) are getting their numbers called by Olsen and making things happen.  If I'm to understand, Gruden wasn't the one who pushed for Drake. That felt evident the way he phased him out almost immediately. 

As for the draft... I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. His track record prior to the joining the Raiders suggested he knows his stuff. His drafting has been abysmal. If we're to believe that's all Gruden with his 51% say, then we owe it to Mayock with his 51% to prove it wasn't his fault. 

Not all of it. Some good players from day 3, like Moreau, Crosby, renfrow, Hobbs. But I agree the first round hasn’t been great and neither has the 3rd. I blame gru for some of it through. He pushed for some of these guys. And guenther.