Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm torn on how that plays out. Not a lot of teams can afford the cap hit moving forward without making some changes, but if you think that he can be a solid receiver moving forward, you get two years at $15 million. But he can also threaten not to report to certain teams, cause a stink, etc etc. 

I’ll say this much as far as his abilities at this point.  He’s still twitchy, sudden, etc.  He still gets open a ton.  He also doesn’t compete for contested throws/fight for the ball, and he drops a lot of easy passes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well done you beautiful, sexy, silver fox bastard.  Nip this in the bud.

I wonder if they can void contract with conduct detrimental to the team. Him using his dad to post was smart and insulates him, but then he couldn't help but put that post up that he quickly deleted.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I wonder if they can void contract with conduct detrimental to the team. Him using his dad to post was smart and insulates him, but then he couldn't help but put that post up that he quickly deleted.

I doubt it. He was smart enough in having his pops and his pal LBJ do his bidding for him.

If you're Cleveland...don't  you just kind of excuse him from the team but keep him on the 53? Do you want him going to like Baltimore? You can maybe get out from under the base if someone claims him, but you're already budgeted for the cap hit...wouldn't you rather just keep him off the field completely ? 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Today, they just tanked his value completely. Great job guys. 

I don't think that this is as big of a deal as you would think. He had no real value. Trade deadline was yesterday, they could potentially move him this off season, but given what a malcontent OBJ was, he likely would have threatened non reporting for a team he didn't want to go to, may threaten non reporting without a new deal, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If you're Cleveland...don't  you just kind of excuse him from the team but keep him on the 53? Do you want him going to like Baltimore? You can maybe get out from under the base if someone claims him, but you're already budgeted for the cap hit...wouldn't you rather just keep him off the field completely ? 

Maybe?  

I think the big issue is how do you want the organization to appear to potential FA and the rest of the roster.  Vindictive isn’t a good look and players don’t forget easily.

At least if they release him I think players would respect that.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Someone gotta pull up that original "OBJ Traded to the Browns" thread haha

Trade - contrary to reaction at the time - OFFICIALLY WON BY GIANTS

Yeah, and I was hard on the Giants. Dexter Lawrence is probably the most useful part to have come out of the trade either way. And I didn't even like that pick lol 

• Like 1