Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, what choice do they have?  Digging their heels in and “punishing” him isn’t gonna be looked upon favorably by players, even if it’s justified in the eyes of fans.

I’ve been on record for over a year saying it’s addition by subtraction.

Correct, but it’s not about money, it’s about setting a precedent, continuing to try to develop a culture, avoid toxic relationships and disharmony in the locker room.

Yes.

You say its not going to look favorably by players but doesnt that also look bad that if you throw a big enough tantrum you get your way so any player can now do that in the browns organization knowing they could be cut and then get to choose where to go next? I think you do what Houston has done all year healthy scratch him for the remainder of the year let him not be a part of the organization and then when its time to release him in the offseason you do it. Dont let him go and allow him to jump on a contender in hopes of landing a ring while the team he played for is not playoff bound? You know whats going to happen if he is cut, he will jump on a team for vet min because the browns are footing the bill this year, he will go to a playoff caliber team they will definitely scoop him up because the team wants a ring, use him until the year is up then dump him, he is happy because he has a ring and now gets to go find a long term big deal on another team while saying he helped that team make it to the superbowl. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Someone gotta pull up that original "OBJ Traded to the Browns" thread haha

Trade - contrary to reaction at the time - OFFICIALLY WON BY GIANTS

Eh, Jabril Peppers is out for the season and Zeitler isn't even there. Both sides lost.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, Jabril Peppers is out for the season and Zeitler isn't even there. Both sides lost.

Yeah but I feel like as a whole the past 2-3 years they've gotten more out of those guys + Lawrence than you've gotten out of OBJ if I'm being honest

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah but I feel like as a whole the past 2-3 years they've gotten more out of those guys + Lawrence than you've gotten out of OBJ if I'm being honest

For the record, we got Olivier Vernon as part of the trade also. He was playing well until he ruptured his Achilles at the end of last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Loving it as in blowing the whole thing up? Hoping the GM gets canned? Making a scapegoat of Mayfield? What is the play for fans to love that BS.

It's not really an indictment on the current front office (other than they should've traded him earlier). It was Dorsey who traded for OBJ. Berry and Stefanski thought they could make it work. Clearly, they were wrong.

The only way fans are "loving" it is if they wanted to see OBJ go away. They're now getting their wish.

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think a team is going to pull the trigger on him with that contract and him easily say nah im going to hold out if you claim me. 

He's onlyly guranteed 8 this year.   The next 2 years are non-guranteed.  I would find it hard to believe not 1 team would claim him.  

Wouldn't be surprised if the jags claimed him. Need someone at wr since our wr corps is disappointing

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Take a page out of the Steelers notebook with Leveon Bell and just sit him and let him rot.

While I agree with OBJ having the right to be upset with how this season has unfolded, sending his dad + lebron on social media to get traded is NOT the way to go about this. If he had issue with not getting the ball, why wouldnt he ask to have a internal meeting with the Stefanski/Baker/ect and work on where they can improve so that he starts getting those targets. Show them that tape internally and work on it.

Go about it in a constructive way and not a detrimental way. Chilish man. Multi Millionaire child athletes.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

He's onlyly guranteed 8 this year.   The next 2 years are non-guranteed.  I would find it hard to believe not 1 team would claim him.  

Wouldn't be surprised if the jags claimed him. Need someone at wr since our wr corps is disappointing

ok and what happens if they claim him and he says nah im good and your now stuck with that distraction with nothing to show for it other then it is a bad decisional move to go after a guy knowing he wants to play for a contender?