Will the league suspend Aaron Rodgers?

Matts4313

Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?

• Yes - additional punishment including suspension
    • Yes - additional punishment, but only a fine to Rodgers (or Packers)
    • No - no additional punishment will come from the league office

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Rodgers doesn't get punished. He'll get by with a fine that will be donated to healthcare workers or something like that.

If it was Brady he'd be looking at a multiple-game suspension.

If this in jest, ignore my reply (and I totally respect the opportunity being taken lol) - but the league rules are black and white clear - first offence, max 50K fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

the NFL is all about image and optics-
I'm guessing there will be fines, loss of draft pick and a tersely worded letter of admonishment.
If there is cooperation and no more incidents, then any suspension is off the table

I should've been more clear. In regards to the titular question of suspension, I highly doubt anything comes of it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This is a league that chased out Gruden for saying dumb stuff in an email but haven't done anything about Henry Ruggs who KILLED A PERSON.

Gruden got canned as part of an investigation into NFL related activities, which is within their purview. 

Ruggs is under investigation right now for something outside of that but was released by the Raiders immediately, which they could do.

Something is going to be done about it. Hold your horses. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Unfortunately, the last thing Aaron needs is the likely resolution: a slap on the wrist, meaningless fine that will not cause him to reflect on his self-indulgent behavior.

Unfortunatelyer, the team will be more damaged (potential loss of draft pick) by this. Deservedly so if they gave undue deference to the turd, of course.

What’s the general feeling amongst Packer fans when it comes to Rodgers? I swear I cannot work you guys out as a collective

are you all mostly pro-A-rod recently and back him, or you’re mostly in favour of your board/team outside of Rodgers etc? Bit of both?

seems like you’re done with him, for one

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What’s the general feeling amongst Packer fans when it comes to Rodgers? I swear I cannot work you guys out as a collective

are you all mostly pro-A-rod recently and back him, or you’re mostly in favour of your board/team outside of Rodgers etc? Bit of both?

seems like you’re done with him, for one

Well, for starters trying to group a bunch of people connected only by the team they root for into some collective is a fools errands.

But I'm firmly pro-front office and have been for a long time. Ive been firmly against coddling Aaron and giving him unearned influence in the organization. He's a man-baby and thinks much too highly of his abilities off the field that he is clearly not expert on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Well, for starters trying to group a bunch of people connected only by the team they root for into some collective is a fools errands.

But I'm firmly pro-front office and have been for a long time. Ive been firmly against coddling Aaron and giving him unearned influence in the organization. He's a man-baby and thinks much too highly of his abilities off the field that he is clearly not expert on.

Is this a view that is shared often in your forum? (I agree fwiw)

Rodgers will get the fine and the Packers will be eating a fine and loss of picks. 

The more interesting portion of this, though, is will Rodgers actually follow the protocols following this? Or will he continue to be a clown.

The NFL is in a no-win situation because of their own incompetence.

If they didn't know about Rodgers' situation, and he and/or the Packers had defrauded the league then it'd be easy to throw the book at him.

But they knew, they absolutely knew his status and could plainly see his actions, and they did nothing. But now there's public pressure on them to do something, but now it's also clear they weren't going to do anything until they had to.

The league is getting worse every year, and Rodgers is an idiot. And that's coming from a Packers fan.