Week 10 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Allen isn't in the conversation IMO, but he's within striking distance of the conversation

His bulk yardage isn't there, nor his Comp% or YPA... but he's 17/5 going into this game, and solid ground yardage, which keeps him in the conversation

If he springs 2-3 silly games, doesn't have another major bombing, and the Bills win 12-13, then he's very much a competitor

But he hasn't been spectacular enough to make up for only being 5-3, and a "signature loss", and several very humbling games this season

Just my 2 cents.. He has work to do to get back into the mix

Yeah I’m good with people keeping him out of the MVP conversation. There’s enough guys playing better or more consistent. 

But this idea from people that Allen has regressed or is playing bad is pretty comical to me. The Jags game notwithstanding.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

His deep ball was overstated, but pretty. But arm strength definitely isn't about throwing deep. 

Yeah that's how I see it. It's not that he can't do it, which is what the likes of Smith and Cowherd have been saying. Probably still will for a while

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I had concerns given what he was working with in Alabama. Lots of clean pockets, lots wide open guys, *lots* of rpos. It was really hard for me to gauge how that was going to translate. I think it was with @KingOfNewYork that I had a conversation about the difficulties in how to determine how a guy's mental aptitude would translate and develop at the next level. I just think its very hard to establish how that goes. People who are billed as smart guys / mentally pro ready fail all of the time as well. 

His arm is pretty meh though. Throws a pretty ball, but his arm talent isn't great or anything. 

Draft guys are way to interested in arm strength, its great and all but im seeing with Mahomes that it can be a detriment as well. Some of the most successful QBs of all time had Mac Jones arm strength, because they had to work so hard on other parts of their game to be succesful.

Of course its hard to gauge mental aptitude, but he was definitely a key guy in a high profile Bama locker room and guided that team to success offensively.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah I’m good with people keeping him out of the MVP conversation. There’s enough guys playing better or more consistent. 

But this idea from people that Allen has regressed or is playing bad is pretty comical to me. The Jags game notwithstanding.

I'm mildly concerned, but the offensive line is the far bigger concern.

Early in the season Allen lacked consistency, and recently, he's just been murdered in the pocket.

Bigger than anything, is that Allen is not converting RZ attempts into TDs the way we were expecting this season