17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

A baseball source said yesterday that he’s been told Stanton will not accept a trade to either the Red Sox or the Cardinals, another team linked early and often in trade rumors. Perhaps there’s some flexibility in that stance, but Stanton’s preference is a factor.

Per the Boston Herald. 

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/2017/11/jennings_dont_bet_on_red_sox_trading_for_giancarlo_stanton

On 11/13/2017 at 1:49 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

What will the Yankees dooooooo.

I think Otani is the only big name target.

I'd love Eric Hosmer... But feel Moustakas as the more likely target. Otani and Moustakas would probably make the Yankees the favorite to win it all next year. But I'm sure they will only get one of them.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

And then...

According to Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston, Giancarlo Stanton "is said to have a 'completely' open mind about teams interested to trade for him."

Drellich cites "a person with knowledge of Stanton’s thinking" as his source. Chad Jennings of the Boston Herald reported Tuesday morning that the 28-year-old slugger would not waive his full no-trade clause for a move to the Red Sox or Cardinals

So basically, we're back to where we started; knowing nothing lol...

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much was already shot down.  At this point, he probably has a list of teams he absolutely wouldn't accept a deal to and I don't think Boston or St. Louis is on that list.

I would like to think that as complicated as a deal like this could be, the Marlins would get a list of acceptable teams right off the bat. A lucroy situation would be an awful and incompetent look in this instance. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would like to think that as complicated as a deal like this could be, the Marlins would get a list of acceptable teams right off the bat. A lucroy situation would be an awful and incompetent look in this instance. 

Getting a list makes a ton of sense and the Marlins probably have it. I just wonder how that hasn't been leaked yet.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The Marlins have very little incentize to get any kind of list, and no incentive to leak it. Them getting high bids from no-go teams could be used to pressure teams that Stanton wouldn't waive his NTC for to make better offers. There's a reason Lucroy situations happen, it's because the Brewers held the leverage with Lucroy just like the Marlins do with Stanton. 

Let me put it this way, if you were selling your house and had 3 offers, the best one of which was from a person who probably couldn't get a mortgage, would you broadcast that before you absolutely had to?

Archived