17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Orioles are interested in both Andrew Cashner and Jason Vargas to their rotation.  Can't say I'm happy, but it's par for the course with how the team operates right now.  No way will we be in on any other starter, especially after the failures of Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo on the FA market. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

A divisional team, two NL teams, and an AL team with Davey Dombrowski at the wheel. All of this bodes really well for the Red Sox. I've argued in my mind of whether I actually want this to happen, because I know any deal is going to involve a king's ransom going back to the Marlins. If the cost is 1) Benintendi or Devers, 2) Jay Groome, and 3) a couple other top 15 prospects.. I do it. It would sting to trade Benintendi (he makes more sense given he's an outfielder) especially since we traded Yoan Moncada last year, but the window is the window.

I'd like to see Stanton at Fenway purely because it'd be fun to see a baseball actually go through the Green Monster.

42 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

A divisional team, two NL teams, and an AL team with Davey Dombrowski at the wheel. All of this bodes really well for the Red Sox. I've argued in my mind of whether I actually want this to happen, because I know any deal is going to involve a king's ransom going back to the Marlins. If the cost is 1) Benintendi or Devers, 2) Jay Groome, and 3) a couple other top 15 prospects.. I do it. It would sting to trade Benintendi (he makes more sense given he's an outfielder) especially since we traded Yoan Moncada last year, but the window is the window.

I'd like to see Stanton at Fenway purely because it'd be fun to see a baseball actually go through the Green Monster.

Trading Benintendi for Stanton would be a horrible baseball move tbh.  Although as a CS advocate, I’d see the logic.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I would never trade Devers lol, that's a cornerstone piece, and the Red Sox need to stop leveraging their window to get shorter and shorter.

I'm just thinking about what the Marlins are going to demand. Aside from Groome, we really don't have another A-list prospect to dangle, and Groome is so far away from the majors that I see him as a secondary piece in the Marlins' return. I'd hate to trade Devers too but it's tough to envision a trade being completed without Devers or Benintendi included. Especially if other teams make this a bidding war.

Archived