17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

14 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Y'all have some other bats in the organization in Calhoun and Guzman that I like a lot more.  As you know I have just never been high on Odor because his plate discipline is horrendous.

Calhoun is a LF and Guzman is a 1B. They can be a part of a rebuild for sure. 

Hopefully Odor is more 2015/2016 than he was 2017.

Some rumblings that the Reds might kick the tires on a Yelich trade, but I don't see it happening.  They won't give up Senzel or Greene, and I don't think something like Taylor Trammell, Tyler Mahle, Shed Long, and Amir Garrett would be enough.  I don't think the Marlins would want Billy Hamilton back in a trade as he's in arbitration now, but he'd be good in that big CF they have in Miami.

Astros wish list:

Sign- Mike Minor

Make a trade for Raisel Iglesias to be the closer

Let Maybin, Gregerson, Clippard and Liriano walk. Marisnick being back makes Maybin worthless.

Don't think they will add an impact bat.  I think Beltran retires but we already have options to replace him at DH.  If they do go after a bat go after Carlos Santana.

11 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Calhoun is a LF and Guzman is a 1B. They can be a part of a rebuild for sure. 

Hopefully Odor is more 2015/2016 than he was 2017.

His WAR this past season was -0.8.  I don't see anything that suggest he is a guy who can be the face of a franchise.

I've heard the Cain - Giants rumor a couple of times. Not sure how I feel about that. Strikes me as a deal that won't age well (even on 4 years, which is a year shorter than I figured he land) given the value that is tied up in his defense, his aging, and that ballpark. I would like to have an above average defensive outfielder out there, and the Sabean has gone on record saying that is something he wants to continue to address....but I'm sort of blah on that. 

Don't know why we would sign Kendrick. At some point, you have to let the kids play. Panik, Arroyo, and even Tomlinson can play second base. While Tomlinson has no upside, he's just one of those utility guys that always seems to make a roster, and at some point, you have to just let Arroyo try and work though his hitting issues at this level to see what you have. There is no reason or point to block him at the major league level. So I don't quite understand that signing unless we trade one of those guys (which is a possibility) 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Jake Arrieta's bringing all that kale north to Milwaukee.

If Jake only gets 4 years, I'll eat my shoe.  He's arguably the best pitcher on the market and is a Boras client.  Someone will give him 6.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

That might actually be an understatement.

A few make sense, like Jake McGee to the Cubs, but this list is worse than previous years IMO.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Make a trade for Raisel Iglesias to be the closer

That'd be costly in prospects, Iglesias still has 4 years of team control left.  The Reds supposedly wanted Robles plus a couple other pieces for Iglesias in talks with the Nationals.  That's why talks never got past the preliminary stages.   I would assume the Reds would want one of Tucker or Whitley, plus a couple other pieces like David Paulino (who I think they would move to the bullpen) and Joe Perez.

Archived