17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

Why? He sold away his entire farm to try to win now and he's done it with two teams. He's completely correct. 

It comes off as sour grapes because he trades every single prospect before they reach 18 for shuttle relievers. I don't give such a foolish GM sympathu points just because he crashes and burns while trying to win.

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It comes off as sour grapes because he trades every single prospect before they reach 18 for shuttle relievers. I don't give such a foolish GM sympathu points just because he crashes and burns while trying to win.

It's not sour grapes - it's an accurate assessment of this free agent window.

36 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

theres plenty of examples of this, the braves are gonna do it with acuna this year. 

To the best of my knowledge, only the Astros offered a team-friendly extension and immediately assigned the player to the minors once the offer was declined.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

To the best of my knowledge, only the Astros offered a team-friendly extension and immediately assigned the player to the minors once the offer was declined.

I thought we were talking about guys who are clearly mlb ready and kept in the minors purely for service time. Didnt think that needed to be clarified but I guess I should have included to be clear.

Josh Donaldson ending contract extension talks to focus on season. He's hitting the 2019 market.

Shapiro and Atkins dropped the ball yet again. The window to deal him has past and I don't see us good enough to make post season this year so I can't wait to hear the BS excuses this time next year 

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Josh Donaldson ending contract extension talks to focus on season. He's hitting the 2019 market.

Shapiro and Atkins dropped the ball yet again. The window to deal him has past and I don't see us good enough to make post season this year so I can't wait to hear the BS excuses this time next year 

I don't know why the Jays didn't trade him to the cards earlier this off-season. things that make you go smh.

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I don't know why the Jays didn't trade him to the cards earlier this off-season. things that make you go smh.

Economics my friend. They jacked up ticket sales etc after 2 competitive Years so they have to sell the idea that they're spending money to justify ownership capitalizing in on the playoff runs.

Use EE as example. As soon as FA started they gave him a 48 hour window that ownership, management and most intelligent fans knew he wouldn't of signed within allotted time. It was his first time on the open market and than they signed Kendrys Morales immediately after window closed. Again the can sell the idea to the fanbase that they wanted to keep EE.

Tulowitzkis albatross of a contract doesn't help either. Hope this dude just retires if he can't stay healthy again. 

Archived