Week 11 General Discussion Thread

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Colts vs Bills will have a playoff feel to it. Colts can’t afford a 6th loss and the Bills want to stay ahead of the Pats. 

Cowboys/Chiefs is the national game of the week but this is my personal game of the week.

For the Titans prospective, either the Colts win and knocks the Bills one step further from the 1 seed or the Bills win and the AFC South crown will be all but locked up for us. This is all assuming we beat the Texans of course.

Bills have had one of the weakest schedules in the NFL so far, and still only came out 6-3. They've dominated a lot of the crap teams, but I'm really intrigued to see how they do as it ramps up starting this week. They go from a run of Dolphins/Jags/Jets, to having to go against the Colts/Saints/Pats/Bucs. Those are all winnable and losable games, and there's a huge difference between 9-4 with a win over New England and something like 8-5 or 7-6 with a loss to New England.

Chiefs/Cowboys looks like such an awesome matchup on paper that there's literally no way it pans out that way. One of the two is going to show up flat and the game will be a huge disappointment. It feels like so many of the GOTY moments have had one offense come out flat and leave the game underwhelming. Bills/Chiefs, Titans/Rams, Ravens/Chargers, Browns/Bengals, Bucs/Rams. I just assume at this point, one team will come out flat and the game will disappoint. Hopefully I'm wrong. Unless it's Dak that comes out and underwhelms.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Apparition said:

presumably he's named after one of the eight popes who have taken that name

if not, then hell if I know

He's Roman Catholic and his last name is Meyer, so that's probably it. Likely German/Dutch heritage. 

Not sure about his family past and any Jewish/Hebrew roots, but Urban is also a pretty common name in areas like the Czech Republic and Poland, as is the Meyer last name. 

Basically like someone in the US naming their kid Wladyslaw (yes, I know a Wladyslaw, and yes, we nicknamed him Coleslaw in high school.). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Cowboys/Chiefs is the national game of the week but this is my personal game of the week.

For the Titans prospective, either the Colts win and knocks the Bills one step further from the 1 seed or the Bills win and the AFC South crown will be all but locked up for us. This is all assuming we beat the Texans of course.

Granted I haven’t looked at the Titans schedule but I would feel pretty confident with a two and a half game lead on the Bills. 

Bills rookie RT Spencer Brown being placed on the COVID list is really unfortunate. The OL is so much better when he’s on it as is the running game. 

Having to move Williams back out to tackle or playing a different rookie out there will really hamper the Bills offense like it did against the Jags and Steelers.