GM-HC options

Rolni

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Well after the gruden debacle, I don't think Mark is doing that again any time soon.  Don't matter anyway cause harbaugh isn't going any where. 

I don't think Mark has any idea how to run a team and wants to be totally hands off. I mean he just hired a TV anchor with zero front office experience as the GM and a former coach that flamed out of the league and was a color commentary for years.

Since Mark Davis took over in 2011 he has hired Reggie McKenzie/Mike Mayock as our GM's and Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, and John Gruden as our head coaches.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Mark has any idea how to run a team and wants to be totally hands off. I mean he just hired a TV anchor with zero front office experience as the GM and a former coach that flamed out of the league and was a color commentary for years.

Since Mark Davis took over in 2011 he has hired Reggie McKenzie/Mike Mayock as our GM's and Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, and John Gruden as our head coaches.

I generally agree. 

To Reggie and JDR's credit, they started a solid foundation. Far from great, but definitely fixed up some of the previous regime's mess. I don't hold a lot against them. It was time to move on, but they left plenty to build upon. We just chose a couple of clowns to do it with.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I generally agree. 

To Reggie and JDR's credit, they started a solid foundation. Far from great, but definitely fixed up some of the previous regime's mess. I don't hold a lot against them. It was time to move on, but they left plenty to build upon. We just chose a couple of clowns to do it with.

Outside of the 2014 class Reggie was terrible with his draft decisions, especially in the later rounds. The reason we didn't pay Cooper or Mack was because we lacked depth across the roster. If he had hit on those picks like we have with guys like Renfrow, Hobbs, and Crosby it would have been much more manageable to retain those guys.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of the 2014 class Reggie was terrible with his draft decisions, especially in the later rounds. The reason we didn't pay Cooper or Mack was because we lacked depth across the roster. If he had hit on those picks like we have with guys like Renfrow, Hobbs, and Crosby it would have been much more manageable to retain those guys.

I was glad Cooper was gone and what he said afterwards made me not miss him or his drops. **** that weak punk. 

Mack....that was Gruden. We could've gotten it done. He just didn't. 

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I generally agree. 

JDR would not fire the DC and it killed him

• Like 2

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

I wish he would've. 

He's not the greatest HC, but I always had a soft spot for him. He definitely needed good coordinators around him though. He's more of a rah-rah guy, which I actually think works so long as you have the right staff around you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

My guess is Kellen Moore will be the next Raiders HC and he keeps a lot of the coaches currently on staff (especially the defensive staff and Bisaccia).

No chance Jerry Jones lets Moore leave the Cowboys. He'll either make him a highly paid OC or move on from McCarthy and promote him. He's been grooming Moore to be his HC. 

59 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He kept the wrong coordinator.  Should've kept our OC and replaced the DC and who knows what would've happened.  I think our whole history would've gone differently these past 5 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Was that the same trash OC as the trash OC calling plays now?

I think he was a trash OC that was calling plays against sorry teams. The OC we have now is an average to below average OC thats playing against good teams almost every week

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

He kept the wrong coordinator.  Should've kept our OC and replaced the DC and who knows what would've happened.  I think our whole history would've gone differently these past 5 years.

He made mistakes but we could have fixed them.  Where he screwed up was the WFT game in 2017.  He and Carr alienated almost the entire locker.  Hard to be a motivator when the team does not respect you.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He made mistakes but we could have fixed them.  Where he screwed up was the WFT game in 2017.  He and Carr alienated almost the entire locker.  Hard to be a motivator when the team does not respect you.

Yeah the team handled that whole situation terribly.  Instead of coming together we literally had a team picking sides.  It showed.