GM-HC options

Rolni

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Harbaugh would be great, so it definitely won’t be him.

Hiring Swinney and keeping Mayock with a “clean slate” is the exact sort of thing that Mark Davis would do.

Yeah I could see this happening for sure. This is the first potential hire that I've heard from a good candidate from college that isn't more of a pipe dream

18 hours ago, Marz_LVR said:

Has anyone considered Jim Harbaugh as a possible option? Depending on what happens in the CFB playoffs, if he looks to jump back into the pros, he’s had success in the league, I believe he’s worked on staff for Raiders in the past… if they choose to keep Mayock on, he could do a lot worse imo 

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere after finally beating Ohio State and getting to the CFB playoffs.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Can the team hire a GM first, and have him pick the coach?

Depends on the coach.  If we go after a big time coach he will probably want to get his own GM.  IF you want a big time GM he will want to hire his own coach.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Depends on the coach.  If we go after a big time coach he will probably want to get his own GM.  IF you want a big time GM he will want to hire his own coach.  

It was more of a rhetorical question. I think hiring a "big time" coach is backwards because we just end up with a rubber-stamper as GM. The coach ends up being the de-facto GM and, outside of Bill Belichick, that never works.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let’s be honest, I’d rather miss the playoffs if it means getting rid of bisaccia and Olsen versus keeping them for 3+ years.

What's the benefit to making the play offs, we aren't close to being good enough now we lost Ruggs.  Just be embarrassed

On 12/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, NYRaider said:

The fact Mark Davis hasn't even started the coaching search is a joke.

He may well have behind the scenes but doesn't want his head coach distracted or questioned weekly over it maybe, that would make sense to me. Deflect until the off-season.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, ronjon1990 said:

If we hire Dabo, stick a fork in us. 

Mayock and Davis apparently have a Clemson fetish and that's not going to end well at all. 

I really couldn't think of a less inspiring move outside of bringing in Adam Gase. 

Care to elaborate? I watch college football but only from the perspective of watching draftable players, I have no affinity to any college teams and just watch whatever games are shown on ESPN. Why would he be such a bad choice??

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Care to elaborate? I watch college football but only from the perspective of watching draftable players, I have no affinity to any college teams and just watch whatever games are shown on ESPN. Why would he be such a bad choice??

Dabo is basically the college version of Gruden. Big personality, talks a lot so people think he's better than he actually is. 2014 - 2020 he had Watson and Lawrence at QB which helped to elevate his status as winning coach.

More name than game in my opinion.