Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

41 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Anyone blaming Sirianni for this loss when our execution was absolutely pathetic is just lost

Following through Game Cast play by play typing can do that. lol

However I ask because 2 of his INT looked to of been either in the Redzone or just outside of it. The Watkins and 1/2 time? Why not continue running down their throats?

Also trying to figure out how Hurts can have 31 pass attempts and only have 7 of those targets directed towards Smith/Goedert? That's all. I Despise not watching games live with my 2 eyes to form an educated opinion!!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Following through Game Cast play by play typing can do that. lol

However I ask because 2 of his INT looked to of been either in the Redzone or just outside of it. The Watkins and 1/2 time? Why not continue running down their throats?

Also trying to figure out how Hurts can have 31 pass attempts and only have 7 of those targets directed towards Smith/Goedert? That's all. I Despise not watching games live with my 2 eyes to form an educated opinion!!

I mean if you didn't watch the game I can understand to an extent but even then we literally ran more than we passed. Yes Hurts two worst picks were in the red zone, but they were both on third down(I might be misremembering the first one) and were obvious passing situations. The second one we HAD to throw if we ran a play because we were out of timeouts and there was under 10 seconds on the clock. Literally all Hurts had to do was look at his first read and if it isn't there throw it away and take 3. Instead he went full on Wentz bailed out to the right and made a terrible pass straight to a DB. Running literally wasn't an option.

Also, idk why players aren't targeted but when our QB is playing as horribly as he did yesterday I am inclined to think it is the QBs fault. Especially since the last play of the game Smith is running WIDE open for a free TD and he forced the ball to Reagor(who he did throw a good ball to) instead.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes. I blame Hurts for the loss because he is the one who is by far most responsible for the loss. Unless you are trying to argue otherwise?

I’m saying you are the one here blaming a sole person. Not us. 

And, yes.. Sirianni’s play calling wasn’t as good as previous weeks and no the execution by Hurts or Reagor isn’t solely to blame for that. Now was it one of his worst called games this season? I don’t think so. It’s not like those early games when we were forcing Jalen to throw 30-40 something odd times and abandoning the run game almost completely. I think the creativity with the run game was lacking. He didn’t set up enough looks for Goedert/Smith. He went to Reagor as the primary read on a slant on 4th and 2. The guy we know isn’t a reliable hands catcher. Just to name a few. It could’ve been better for sure and if you can’t see that maybe you’re the lost one. 

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m saying you are the one here blaming a sole person. Not us. 

No.... I'm not? Pretty sure you can go back and see me typing about how much I hate Reagor. The Boston Scott fumble was also inexcusable. But Hurts takes the most blame. If he doesn't throw two awful redzone INT's and the game plays out the exact same... we just kick a FG and win at the end of the game. Am I wrong?

And, yes.. Sirianni’s play calling wasn’t as good as previous weeks and no the execution by Hurts or Reagor isn’t solely to blame for that. Now was it one of his worst called games this season? I don’t think so. It’s not like those early games when we were forcing Jalen to throw 30-40 something odd times and abandoning the run game almost completely. I think the creativity with the run game was lacking. He didn’t set up enough looks for Goedert/Smith. He went to Reagor as the primary read on a slant on 4th and 2. The guy we know isn’t a reliable hands catcher. Just to name a few. It could’ve been better for sure and if you can’t see that maybe you’re the lost one. 

Ok? I never said this was Sirianni's best game. But I have seen multiple posts about not running the ball enough and it just doesn't make sense. This is a passing league. We were losing. You have to throw the football. Everyone could have done something better yesterday including Sirianni. You could say the same thing EVERY week. Highlighting the lack of run plays rather than the execution makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry you don't like that people are crapping on your boy, but reality is he was absolutely terrible yesterday and the number one reason we lost that game. Was he the ONLY reason we lost? No. But he absolutely takes the lion share of the blame because he was horrid.

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean if you didn't watch the game I can understand to an extent but even then we literally ran more than we passed. Yes Hurts two worst picks were in the red zone, but they were both on third down(I might be misremembering the first one) and were obvious passing situations. The second one we HAD to throw if we ran a play because we were out of timeouts and there was under 10 seconds on the clock. Literally all Hurts had to do was look at his first read and if it isn't there throw it away and take 3. Instead he went full on Wentz bailed out to the right and made a terrible pass straight to a DB. Running literally wasn't an option.

Also, idk why players aren't targeted but when our QB is playing as horribly as he did yesterday I am inclined to think it is the QBs fault. Especially since the last play of the game Smith is running WIDE open for a free TD and he forced the ball to Reagor(who he did throw a good ball to) instead.

Nobody can absolve Hurts of that interception at the goal line. That was idiotic and inexcusable.

But, are you gonna inform @Nabbs4u about how that first interception in the red zone (barely got to the 20 yard line..) happened? How Watkins got held and stopped on the route which made Hurts look worse with that pick or does that not fit your Hurts hate agenda?

I swear the amount of hate and vitriol some of you spew over Hurts is mad annoying. The dude who had his teammates’ agent or somebody go to the media to voice his displeasure over being benched and how he wants out if he’s not the starter on Hurts first official start. He played with a terrible receiving group and changing OL due to injuries after a super short offseason. Then, he had to deal all off-season with all the reports about Watson and reporters asking him questions on it which I saw in a couple pressers. Like this guy takes full responsibility every game we lose. He’s accountable and working hard. Is he a great passer? Nah. But, he’s shown improvement from last year to this year as a passer. Not consistent enough, but he’s shown improvement. 

Like I get the hate with Reagor. Dude goes out of bounds on kickoffs or catches instead of fighting for more yardage. Hurts literally did a front flip on 3rd and 4 from the line of scrimmage along the sideline over the line to gain. He’s the exact opposite of Reagor in terms of football character and work ethic. Reagor showed up to camp out of shape. Hurts was gathering the receivers together all off-season to get more work in.

I have no problem with being critical of Hurts, but just be fair and balanced. If he makes a good throw you can praise him for it. I see tons of times when he has made a good throw where the receiver whether it’s Goedert, Smith, or Watkins get praised for the catch, but silent on the Hurts praise from most of the posters except maybe one or two sometimes. I just don’t see how y’all can’t root for the guy. We can recognize his limitations and want to see more improvement while still rooting for him. It’s really not that hard.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nobody can absolve Hurts of that interception at the goal line. That was idiotic and inexcusable.

But, are you gonna inform @Nabbs4u about how that first interception in the red zone (barely got to the 20 yard line..) happened? How Watkins got held and stopped on the route which made Hurts look worse with that pick or does that not fit your Hurts hate agenda?

I swear the amount of hate and vitriol some of you spew over Hurts is mad annoying. The dude who had his teammates’ agent or somebody go to the media to voice his displeasure over being benched and how he wants out if he’s not the starter on Hurts first official start. He played with a terrible receiving group and changing OL due to injuries after a super short offseason. Then, he had to deal all off-season with all the reports about Watson and reporters asking him questions on it which I saw in a couple pressers. Like this guy takes full responsibility every game we lose. He’s accountable and working hard. Is he a great passer? Nah. But, he’s shown improvement from last year to this year as a passer. Not consistent enough, but he’s shown improvement. 

Like I get the hate with Reagor. Dude goes out of bounds on kickoffs or catches instead of fighting for more yardage. Hurts literally did a front flip on 3rd and 4 from the line of scrimmage along the sideline over the line to gain. He’s the exact opposite of Reagor in terms of football character and work ethic. Reagor showed up to camp out of shape. Hurts was gathering the receivers together all off-season to get more work in.

I have no problem with being critical of Hurts, but just be fair and balanced. If he makes a good throw you can praise him for it. I see tons of times when he has made a good throw where the receiver whether it’s Goedert, Smith, or Watkins get praised for the catch, but silent on the Hurts praise from most of the posters except maybe one or two sometimes. I just don’t see how y’all can’t root for the guy. We can recognize his limitations and want to see more improvement while still rooting for him. It’s really not that hard.

The first INT was still a bad throw. I don't have the All-22 and it looked like Watkins stopped. The throw was still late over the middle... a very bad combo. If you can show me concrete evidence that the INT was all on Watkins I'll take it back, but throwing late over the middle to a covered WR is almost never a good idea.

It's not hate. It's reality. I agree he is a good person and a good leader. He isn't good at football though and that is all I care about. He isn't improving at anything close to the rate he should if he were going to be a franchise QB which is all I care about.

I don't really care about your feelings. You getting butt hurt because we like x player more than y doesn't concern me. The irony in you saying "If he makes a good throw you can praise him for it" when you quote my post that says his throw to Reagor at the end of the game was good is also just crazy lol.

And ya, I root for the guy every week. Your acting like I am sitting in here begging for the Eagles to lose so that we can get rid of Hurts faster. I even said in the past seven days that I am in favor of keeping him next season over drafting a QB. You're just making up narratives in your head. Stop.

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No.... I'm not?

You pretty much said Hurts is solely responsible. But, yes he was the most at blame yesterday if we had to rank it and I never said you didn’t comment on Reagor too. 

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If he doesn't throw two awful redzone INT's and the game plays out the exact same...

Again, it was one awful interception… not two. This is once again me being objective and you being blinded by your disdain for Jalen Hurts.

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ok? I never said this was Sirianni's best game.

You were being critical of people discussing the play calling and redirecting people back to Hurts when they were just talking about how it wasn’t Sirianni’s greatest showing either which is true. Just like it’s true that Hurts was very bad today and probably played his worst game of the season at least as a passer.

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

But I have seen multiple posts about not running the ball enough and it just doesn't make sense.

The creativity with the run game wasn’t there early and a good deal had to do with the large chunk of the first half Kelce missed which I cut Sirianni some slack for. He got back to doing more creative stuff in the run game in the second half when Kelce returned though. Do you think starting the game off with 3 straight passes by Hurts leading to a 3 and out on the first drive of the game was really the right decision? He also started running more in the second half after not doing it enough in the first half. From my count we had 15 passes to like 13 runs in that first half and some of those Hurts runs were probably passes that turned into scrambles too, so the discrepancy between pass-run may be a bit more in favor of pass that half. I’m also pretty sure we should’ve been running it a lot more than passing with Herbig out there at center. He isn’t nearly as adept at calling out protections/blitz pick-up as Kelce and we already know Hurts isn’t good at that area either which compounds the problem.

Hopefully that is enough to grasp on why there were some complaints in regards to the run.

32 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is a passing league. We were losing.

That’s fair in most cases, but the Giants weren’t moving it well against us and the lead was never big.

33 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'm sorry you don't like that people are crapping on your boy

I’m sorry you see it that way, but the reality here is I’m trying to get you to be more objective and use better critical thinking about our football team and actually root for the players on it instead of constantly doing what you do. 

Kanye West Shrug GIF

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m sorry you see it that way, but the reality here is I’m trying to get you to be more objective and use better critical thinking about our football team and actually root for the players on it instead of constantly doing what you do. 

Kanye West Shrug GIF

This is peak TRM. If you don't agree with me you're just not capable of critical thinking.

Never change.

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's not hate. It's reality.

It’s still mainly the former.

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't really care about your feelings.

Cool 👍🏻

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You getting butt hurt because we like x player more than y doesn't concern me.

No idea what you’re talking about.

22 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The irony in you saying "If he makes a good throw you can praise him for it" when you quote my post that says his throw to Reagor at the end of the game was good is also just crazy lol.

Show me where I said you never have complimented him on a pass? I’m saying in general the vast majority here are quick to praise the receivers when they do something good, but extremely less likely to do the same for Hurts. The whole vibe on the forum is that way lol.

41 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The first INT was still a bad throw. I don't have the All-22 and it looked like Watkins stopped. The throw was still late over the middle... a very bad combo. If you can show me concrete evidence that the INT was all on Watkins I'll take it back, but throwing late over the middle to a covered WR is almost never a good idea.

Here I found the All-22 for you just so it can be put to bed.

Watkins leans into the direction of the corner at the top of his route before planting to break inside, but as he's trying to get into his break the corner is all over grabbing his shoulder then proceeding to wrap his arm around the other side of Quez to slow him to a halt almost, so that he can jump in front for the pick. 

Hurts should be praised on that play for getting the ball out earlier than he does sometimes and throwing with a little anticipation. He was trying to put it out in front and the placement which isn't always great.

Also, this far from absolves him cause either way you have to know to give up there and just get some points before the half, but it adds some context and explains why it looked even worse when it happened like he was throwing straight to the Giants defender at the goal line.