Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:
8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm afraid we are in no position to go with another rookie WR for the third straight year. We have to overpay for a #2 WR in FA, no other way around it. 

Not sure if there are any options worth pursuing. 

Allen Robinson, Michael Gallup, Mike Williams, DJ Chark, Chris Godwin, Davante Adams.

Not trying to tell you any of those guys would come to the Eagles, but those are some of the better names.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I will be absolutely shocked if he is resigned. I would put the odds at less than 5%. 

I agree. He is long gone. Being out for weeks this season and allowing Ced Wilson to shine pretty much sealed it. 

WFT tried to get Amari. I would guess Eagles will take a swing at Gallup.

Edited by ACO

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Same. I like Ced Wilson as a WR3 anyways.

Just now, ACO said:

I agree. He is long gone. Being out for weeks this season and allowing Ced Wilson to shine pretty much sealed it.

Wilson is a FA also and I wouldnt be surprised at all of someone outbids us. We can give him WR3 money, someone is going to pay him WR2 money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So what do we do at QB? Just ride it out in 2022? Are we back in the trade sweepstakes for a big time veteran? Reach for a QB?

I was not “anti” or “pro” Hurts coming into today but it is legitimately hard to envision a QB ever being the guy when he’s already had a full season worth of starts and has a 3 INT performance in a close game. A game where it felt like we literally couldn’t move the ball through the air and had to just run it. Maybe I’ll feel differently after emotions have settled but that was just rough, and worst of all, it’s going backwards, and almost rewrites narrative of past 4 weeks.

Still ride it out if the alternative is Drafting a Rookie replacement.  You want to sell the farm for Wilson, Rodgers godforbid Watson. I can get on board because the QB play would get exponentially better. At least make this passing game watchable. 

However that stat posted comparing Lamar first 15 games compared to Jalens shouldn't be ignored based off this horrific performance IMO. People were screaming from rooftops about Lamars passing, he has gradually improved each season. Just have to hope Hurts does as well.

What we can't have though is players like Reagor and JJAW making that progression even harder to achieve. Need players who can actually catch catchable balls.

As atrocious as Hurts was with his 3 Int today's, Eagles win by double digits if WR caught the ball and these players limited their Penalties yet again. 

This felt like a repeat of the first month of the season,  outside of the 200yds rushing of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Wilson is a FA also and I wouldnt be surprised at all of someone outbids us. We can give him WR3 money, someone is going to pay him WR2 money.

Ah. Didn't realize he was the same draft class. Teams might be spending significantly more this year, so you might be right on that last part. Either way you guys are good at receiver lol.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah. Didn't realize he was the same draft class. Teams might be spending significantly more this year, so you might be right on that last part. Either way you guys are good at receiver lol.

Same. I thought he had another year. They Dallas will lose WR3 and WR4. Well lucky for them they do draft well, so they will be fine. But both of them will easily be W2 on other teams and will be getting offers.

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

Same. I thought he had another year. They Dallas will lose WR3 and WR4. Well lucky for them they do draft well, so they will be fine. But both of them will easily be W2 on other teams and will be getting offers.

I don't know about Wilson easily being a WR2. Gallup definitely is though.