Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I'm afraid we are in no position to go with another rookie WR for the third straight year. We have to overpay for a #2 WR in FA, no other way around it. 

There should be a couple.  Just a matter of Will they want to come here really.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:
4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This team is doomed as long as little finger is still in charge. The same guy who is drafting Hurts/Reagor is going to have three first round draft picks this offseason. We are ****ed. 

How I’m feeling as well right now. Need some of our optimistic posters to start spinning their wheels and showing us the light ASAP. 

Nobody wants to be positive after a loss like this lol.

I think our defense did pretty well for the most part. We still are missing pass rush and talent in that middle of the defense though. We came close a couple of times, but didn't force any turnovers today like past weeks.

Hurts made some nice throws when he had a good base, but he was inaccurate a lot, especially on the short to intermediate stuff. Getting that long drive which we should've scored a TD twice before the half if not for dumb penalties and then Hurts INT was huge.

We still ran it pretty good. Scott averaged 4.3 YPC. Sanders averaged 7.1 YPC and Hurts with 9.6 (but 4.2 passing lol).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ACO said:

Not first round but yes. They going to double Smith. So they need another option and what they have aint it.

With the picks we have, I’m fine with it being in the first. Like Treylon is gonna do more for us that a lot of other guys. Him and DeVonta are like a perfect pairing.

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Good, DeVonta is so invested in the games. You see it on tape. I’d be livid too.

He was yelling at Sirianni during that drive as well. Not sure how your best player doesn't get targeted in the final two drives?

4 the whole GD game? Unreal

So what do we do at QB? Just ride it out in 2022? Are we back in the trade sweepstakes for a big time veteran? Reach for a QB?

I was not “anti” or “pro” Hurts coming into today but it is legitimately hard to envision a QB ever being the guy when he’s already had a full season worth of starts and has a 3 INT performance in a close game. A game where it felt like we literally couldn’t move the ball through the air and had to just run it. Maybe I’ll feel differently after emotions have settled but that was just rough, and worst of all, it’s going backwards, and almost rewrites narrative of past 4 weeks.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So what do we do at QB? Just ride it out in 2022? Are we back in the trade sweepstakes for a big time veteran? Reach for a QB?

I was not “anti” or “pro” Hurts coming into today but it is legitimately hard to envision a QB ever being the guy when he’s already had a full season worth of starts and has a 3 INT performance in a close game. A game where it felt like we literally couldn’t move the ball through the air and had to just run it. Maybe I’ll feel differently after emotions have settled but that was just rough, and worst of all, it’s going backwards, and almost rewrites narrative of past 4 weeks.

gimme wilson. i dont care if it's a bad idea i just want to enjoy watching the eagles.

Just now, Kiltman said:

With the picks we have, I’m fine with it being in the first. Like Treylon is gonna do more for us that a lot of other guys. Him and DeVonta are like a perfect pairing.

True. There will be three 1sts. I just don't thin it needs to be the top 2 picks. IMO. That would three years in a row and I think think there are more pressing defensive needs.