Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In Nick’s defense, I seem to recall the run game was getting contained very well early? We had to start throwing a little bit. Wasn’t until that 3rd quarter they just began to roll. Might be wrong.

We should run 75 25 not even an exaggeration... Our passing attack is really poor with no receiving threat outside of DeVonta & Dallas... In addition, Hurts really struggles to go thru progressions and reads. I want to see the third down read specifically on the drive where we turned it over on downs throwing the quick slant on 4th down that was incomplete. Hurts had Ward I believe WIDE open on the two route combo & totally botched the read on third down.

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Wouldn’t say I’m negative unnecessarily. I just call a spade a spade. I watch players and grade them as I see them. If a player is bad I call them bad. If they are good I call them good.

I was higher on Sirianni early in the year than almost this entire forum. I was lower on Gannon than most as well. I just call it how I see it.

Unfortunately for some people calling Hurts bad was really upsetting even though the evidence is slapping them in the face. The guy can’t throw or read a defense. It’s not a good combo for a QB.  

Also the Lamar/Hurts comparison is lazy and found in box score scouting. Lamar was miles ahead of Hurts the second he stepped on to an NFL field as a passer purely on talent. Lamar can make any throw and has shown that. He has occasional accuracy issues but nowhere close to what Hurts has had this season. The only thing they have in common is they both are great running the football. It’s a lazy comparison that holds no weight. 

It's honestly hard to evaluate Gannon with how poor the defensive talent is. The defense was easily good enough today. Offense totally crapped the bed numerous times

6 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

We should run 75 25 not even an exaggeration... Our passing attack is really poor with no receiving threat outside of DeVonta & Dallas... In addition, Hurts really struggles to go thru progressions and reads. I want to see the third down read specifically on the drive where we turned it over on downs throwing the quick slant on 4th down that was incomplete. Hurts had Ward I believe WIDE open on the two route combo & totally botched the read on third down.

Past few weeks it LOOKED like he was going through his progressions a handful of times a game. However, that could’ve been by design I figure (for example “this play is designed to go to Goedert on the seam, but to open it up you have to look towards the Y WR first”).

Today? It didn’t look like he could read the field. If the 1st read wasn’t there, he was waiting for something to get WIDE open (I recall), otherwise throwaway/run. 2 of his INTs showed a fundamental misunderstanding of defense’s, as he didn’t see safety help when he should have worked out where they’d be. Even the last throw, we know Smith got open and Hurts didn’t see, but really Hurts should have locked on to Smith as soon as he saw it was man and that MLB, who Smith had to cross, picked up on another route going opposite direction. 

I’m sure smarter people will break down the film and give their takes. I was reading A LOT of praise for Hurts this week so I’m interested what those same people made of this showing, 

Won't lie this loss is worse then either the Dallas or Raiders beat downs.

To rush for 200yds, have your defense hold your opponent to 13pts, give away 4 TO's and still have two dropped passes for a game winning TD occur is downright embarrassing.

That 14 play 106yd drive resulting in no points before the 1/2 though was the killer.

Get that FG on the board, we're headed to overtime at worst 13-13 even with the rest of the TO's throughout the game. 

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In Nick’s defense, I seem to recall the run game was getting contained very well early? We had to start throwing a little bit. Wasn’t until that 3rd quarter they just began to roll. Might be wrong.

Yeah the O line would be pissed but it's a team game and the Jalen's were probably a net negative of like -20 points. A competent QB and WR and Eagles win the game by multiple TD's

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The run game was getting bottled up for some small or no gains early, but like that very first possession we threw it 3 straight times like c'mon. Kelce going out for a large chunk of that first half also hurt not just the run game, but the protections and everything cause he's in charge of that. Hurts isn't great at identifying blitzes and all that yet I don't think.

But, Baldy isn't wrong either. We should've never lost this game with how much better we are in the trenches. We should've still been more consistent with when we ran and it been more creative with how we ran it. They started doing some more interesting stuff in the 2nd half. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Also, anyone have the stats on what our Pass to Runs ratio was for our trips inside the Redzone,  specifically inside the 10.

Having a hard time understanding having a 7 yd per rush average,  and not running?

Too lazy to look up all the plays and give you that pass to run ratio, but where are you getting this idea that we didn't run it in the red zone in the limited trips we had? Have you watched the game yet? 

That last drive at the end of the half we passed it twice and ran it once at the goal line. We had no choice, but to pass on the 3rd down, cause time would've expired had we not got it. Obviously Hurts not throwing it away was bad process, but it was the right call for Sirianni to go pass there.

The drive we scored our only touchdown we ran it 3 straight times with Boston Scott once we got in the red zone.

42 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Play calling was not the problem yesterday. We ran the ball enough. Our QB play was the problem and our first round WR highlighted all of that by being completely useless at the end of the game.

Anyone blaming Sirianni for this loss when our execution was absolutely pathetic is just lost.

Nobody is blaming him for the loss. That’s what you are doing right now with Hurts.