Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Here I found the All-22 for you just so it can be put to bed.

Watkins leans into the direction of the corner at the top of his route before planting to break inside, but as he's trying to get into his break the corner is all over grabbing his shoulder then proceeding to wrap his arm around the other side of Quez to slow him to a halt almost, so that he can jump in front for the pick. 

Hurts should be praised on that play for getting the ball out earlier than he does sometimes and throwing with a little anticipation. He was trying to put it out in front and the placement which isn't always great.

Also, this far from absolves him cause either way you have to know to give up there and just get some points before the half, but it adds some context and explains why it looked even worse when it happened like he was throwing straight to the Giants defender at the goal line.

It did seem like NYG could do whatever they wanted and get no flag. Reagor was literally tackled when trying to catch the ball on the long pass at end of the game on 1st down and no flag....every call/non call should be able to be challenged

22 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

It did seem like NYG could do whatever they wanted and get no flag. Reagor was literally tackled when trying to catch the ball on the long pass at end of the game on 1st down and no flag....every call/non call should be able to be challenged

Did...did you see the play earlier with Golladay and Slay in the endzone? It's obvious this officiating crew was being lenient.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

It is what it is. Didn’t see the Reagor play, but I don’t blame the Giants for taking advantage of how the refs were calling it. That’s smart.

We have no one to blame, but ourselves. Hurts had his worst passing game of the season even absolving the Watkins interception. Reagor dropping it in the most critical part of the game. Scott fumbling when we were driving. Poor clock management and an underwhelming called game by Sirianni after some previous pretty good ones.

I think we missed Jordan Howard between the tackles where he’s definitely our best runner. I was gonna say hopefully we get him back next week, but maybe we should just rest him next week and go into the bye and have him completely refreshed for the home stretch of the schedule with all our divisional opponents. I really want him healthy for that last game of the year against Dallas cause Parsons is a monster and just be blowing up outside runs and screens with his speed. Better to hammer them with a little more Howard up the middle where they are weak at DT.

8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Did...did you see the play earlier with Golladay and Slay in the endzone? It's obvious this officiating crew was being lenient.....

Yeah, that should’ve been OPI on Golladay if anything. It was a good no call.

But, regardless like I just told him it was smart on the Giants to take advantage of how they were calling it.

44 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Refs were fine and definitely did not have a negative or positive impact on the game either way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s honestly impressive how poorly Howie drafts receivers. Like law of averages one had to not be a turd, but man Howie can pick that turd out every time 

Howie’s only two good first round picks were Lane and Devonta. Howie can only pick well in the top 10 confirmed. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Howie’s only two good first round picks were Lane and Devonta. Howie can only pick well in the top 10 confirmed. 

Cox and BG not count because of Andy being here?

Wentz was fine, who knew he’d be such a big baby. Crazy that his ego/feelings ended up being the most fragile thing about him.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Cox and BG not count because of Andy being here?

Wentz was fine, who knew he’d be such a big baby. Crazy that his ego/feelings ended up being the most fragile thing about him.

I feel Iike Cox and BG were Andy picks ya. I think Howie really took over when Chip came(until he was banished to the closet). 

And ya Wentz was a good pick at the end of the day. Still a crazy talented player who is doing better in Indy. Just bitter about him for reasons you said.  

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It is what it is. Didn’t see the Reagor play, but I don’t blame the Giants for taking advantage of how the refs were calling it. That’s smart.

We have no one to blame, but ourselves. Hurts had his worst passing game of the season even absolving the Watkins interception. Reagor dropping it in the most critical part of the game. Scott fumbling when we were driving. Poor clock management and an underwhelming called game by Sirianni after some previous pretty good ones.

I think we missed Jordan Howard between the tackles where he’s definitely our best runner. I was gonna say hopefully we get him back next week, but maybe we should just rest him next week and go into the bye and have him completely refreshed for the home stretch of the schedule with all our divisional opponents. I really want him healthy for that last game of the year against Dallas cause Parsons is a monster and just be blowing up outside runs and screens with his speed. Better to hammer them with a little more Howard up the middle where they are weak at DT.

Hurts was really bad passing the ball but seeing how NYG just pushed over Scott to get a pick and the pick doesn't get reversed is a joke. If this was a primetime game everyone would be up in arms more so than Dallas Raiders game. 

For some reason Howard is the only RB that can take a hit and keep going. They need to recruit another RB like him and trade Sanders

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Howie didn't want Lane, that was the Chip Kelly pick he needed for his Offense through and through. He Shouldn't get credit for that IMO.

Let's just be glad the Dolphins removed Dion Jordon from the equation and Eric Fisher went #1.

Zero doubt Howie F- that up if all 3 were there.