Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Isn't QB, OL, CB or DL a bigger issue than LB for them?

It is kind of odd how bad Devin Bush is, I thought he would be a lot better based on how good he was early in his career.  

I would hope OL is a bigger issue and Cross would be his guy but Bush as been playing horribly for a 1st round pick.  They need some help there but, IMHO, they would do better to draft/FA the trenches OT/OG/DT then get an ILB.

I am being sarcastic about Smith but he does fit the mold of many Tomlin* picks on defense.   High SPACQ and young is what Tomlin likes for his defensive players.  Smith is going to check all of those boxes.  That he hasn't learned his position yet and is not a good football player is just par for the course.

* I will say Tomlin because I think he has a huge part of the decision making process for the 1st round pick.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You attracted to him? No judgement just curious 

Nope, I can just appreciate a handsome face, like Brad Pitt, Jimmy G, or Trent McDuffie. And I think good looking dudes are more likely to be good than the Mike Glennons of the sports world.

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Or Spencer Rattlers?

I don't know what Spencer Rattler looks like, nor care. His play is ugly enough. If I had to pick between Pickett, Ridder, Corral, Strong, or Willis...just give me the best looking guy (So probably not Ridder). By that same token, Brennan Armstrong is undraftable.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I don't know what Spencer Rattler looks like, nor care. His play is ugly enough. If I had to pick between Pickett, Ridder, Corral, Strong, or Willis...just give me the best looking guy (So probably not Ridder). By that same token, Brennan Armstrong is undraftable.

4426339.png&w=350&h=254

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

We don't talk about how hot a prospect is enough.

hotness is like strength of schedule. Assuming you have two equal prospects, looks becomes the tie-breaker. And being ugly means you are undraftable if you play a skill position. You don't have to be hot, but you can't be ugly, unless you play OL or DL. Or TE.

Edited by Jeezla

Let me steer this thing back a bit.  

gallery-1503589737-gettyimages-687357612

gadot_feature.jpg?w=1024

gal-gadot-actress-model-white-dress-wall

gal-gadot.png

How gorgeous is Gal Gadot, drop dead gorgeous and easily a top 10 female face on the planet today, probably top 3.  Talking about freaking dudes?  No thanks, sure a handsome QB can maybe get guys to follow him on a team because they think he is cool or whatever but ultimately no one drafts guys based on looks.  Marketability sure maybe but just because Baker Mayfield is in commercials does not make him a great QB.  For Gal on the other hand, her entire career is based on how she looks and how she comes off on screen, sure took her a bit to breakout but she is absolutely magnetic on camera and is pretty easy to fall for on screen at any point.

In terms of Trent McDuffie, hard to get a read on him, even though he is probably the best nickel corner in the draft and just because of that he could go pretty high because that is a very need position in the NFL.  He could play outside as well but with the success of Elijah Molden which is not a surprise, McDuffie sure could go 1st round but I think 2nd range but I do need to watch him a bit more.  Shocked Washington had the #1 pass D in the nation but they also almost gave up 200 yards rushing a game so that explains some of that.  All depends on how he times and how others time, if Elam, Gardner, Taylor-Britt, McCreary etc time well I could see McDuffie going behind them, if not and McDuffie blazes out there I could see him jumping up especially over McCreary and Taylor-Britt but all depends.  Elam had kind of a rough year but that Florida defense sucked and all those DBs around him sucked, he still gave good effort and dude has great power as a tackler and confidence in coverage, he also gets his hands on the football more than McDuffie did in college.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Let me steer this thing back a bit.  

gallery-1503589737-gettyimages-687357612

gadot_feature.jpg?w=1024

gal-gadot-actress-model-white-dress-wall

gal-gadot.png

How gorgeous is Gal Gadot, drop dead gorgeous and easily a top 10 female face on the planet today, probably top 3.  Talking about freaking dudes?  No thanks, sure a handsome QB can maybe get guys to follow him on a team because they think he is cool or whatever but ultimately no one drafts guys based on looks.  Marketability sure maybe but just because Baker Mayfield is in commercials does not make him a great QB.  For Gal on the other hand, her entire career is based on how she looks and how she comes off on screen, sure took her a bit to breakout but she is absolutely magnetic on camera and is pretty easy to fall for on screen at any point.

In terms of Trent McDuffie, hard to get a read on him, even though he is probably the best nickel corner in the draft and just because of that he could go pretty high because that is a very need position in the NFL.  He could play outside as well but with the success of Elijah Molden which is not a surprise, McDuffie sure could go 1st round but I think 2nd range but I do need to watch him a bit more.  Shocked Washington had the #1 pass D in the nation but they also almost gave up 200 yards rushing a game so that explains some of that.  All depends on how he times and how others time, if Elam, Gardner, Taylor-Britt, McCreary etc time well I could see McDuffie going behind them, if not and McDuffie blazes out there I could see him jumping up especially over McCreary and Taylor-Britt but all depends.  Elam had kind of a rough year but that Florida defense sucked and all those DBs around him sucked, he still gave good effort and dude has great power as a tackler and confidence in coverage, he also gets his hands on the football more than McDuffie did in college.  

Think what you want, but Lamar Jackson's face is what's really preventing him from becoming a great passer.
Jalen Hurts? Just doesn't have the arm talent. Or field vision. Or processing speed.

Edited by Jeezla