Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

hotness is like strength of schedule. Assuming you have two equal prospects, looks becomes the tie-breaker. And being ugly means you are undraftable if you play a skill position. You don't have to be hot, but you can't be ugly, unless you play OL or DL. Or TE.

Tight-end is becoming more and more a looks-based position. Darren Waller and Travis Kelce are beautiful. Even greats of recent past like Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez were pretty hot. Even Antonio Gates wasn't bad looking--he looked like a friendly bus driver. Yes, Georgie Kittle is the outlier here; but, we have to remember he is the exception, not the rule.

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Tight-end is becoming more and more a looks-based position. Darren Waller and Travis Kelce are beautiful. Even greats of recent past like Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez were pretty hot. Even Antonio Gates wasn't bad looking--he looked like a friendly bus driver. Yes, Georgie Kittle is the outlier here; but, we have to remember he is the exception, not the rule.

Dallas Goedert is ugly too. So is Hockenson.
Kyle Pitts Quiet outing in loss - Fantasy Football News

Pitts is ugly too

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Leo Chenal in

He is?  Interesting choice, no way I would take him over Nakobe Dean.  Will be curious how he times out, sure will bench a lot but not sure how fast he is honestly.  Not sure I would take him over Damone Clark who had an amazing year or Devin Lloyd either if he declares but Lloyd was not exactly great against Ohio State and struggled like they all did on that D it seemed in coverage.  

How he times out will be huge, and really I would be shocked if anyone outside of a 3/4 team drafts him.  Could be a hell to deal with as a blitzing ILB though.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is?  Interesting choice, no way I would take him over Nakobe Dean.  Will be curious how he times out, sure will bench a lot but not sure how fast he is honestly.  Not sure I would take him over Damone Clark who had an amazing year or Devin Lloyd either if he declares but Lloyd was not exactly great against Ohio State and struggled like they all did on that D it seemed in coverage.  

How he times out will be huge, and really I would be shocked if anyone outside of a 3/4 team drafts him.  Could be a hell to deal with as a blitzing ILB though.  

No way in hell am I taking Chenal over Lloyd or Dean, but I would take him over Muma/To'o To'o/Campbell. Depending how Chenal times and looks in hip/footwork drills, I possibly take him over Brandon Smith.

Haven't watched Christian Harris this season or Damone Clark.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

No way in hell am I taking Chenal over Lloyd or Dean, but I would take him over Muma/To'o To'o/Campbell. Depending how Chenal times and looks in hip/footwork drills, I possibly take him over Brandon Smith.

Yeah To'o has not played great this past year I think, Harris has not been anything great either and honestly has disappointed a bit I feel.  Clark has been outstanding and played with great energy and has been all over the field making plays, I would probably take him over Chenal just on versatility alone.  Campbell I like a lot and might have a bit more range than Chenal, same with McFadden but it is close.  Mike Rose for sure has more range as a ILB so depends on what one wants, Quay Walker is a tank and was outstanding in his last game, Rodriguez on Ok State is outstanding and a real speed guy who can make plays.  Jake Hansen on Illinois has promise so does Ellis Brooks and Jack Sanborn.  Even Jack Gibbens I feel could be a great pro potentially based on the awesome season he has had.

Chenal would have been picked higher in 2023 I feel based on the other ILBs around, this class is pretty deep so would not be shocked if he drops to the 2nd round but yeah depends on how he times out and if he looks stiff or not.

Either way Zack Baun had 19.5 TFLs and 12.5 sacks his last year on Wisconsin, played on the edge but he is not exactly ripping up the NFL and he was a pretty good athlete also in terms of his testing.  It is just a hard eval for guys in that system, TJ Edwards has played great but that is not a surprise, he was a solid backer but also was a UDFA and given time to develop.  Not sure Chenal has his type of grit or awareness but Chenal sure is the better athlete.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Don't understand To'o over guys like Muma. Seems like an ok player protected by very good nfl talent around him but could be wrong