How concerned should LAR be?

biggie.

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Think the panic button should be out and they should be looking directly at it. They’re what they shown us and that is a good but not great team. How many times do we need to read the same book expecting different results. They done a good job picking on bad teams and have gotten smacked by good teams. They had one win against a good team at the time of playing and that’s the Bucs. They beat a Colts team that was playing really bad football trying to figure out things themselves. 

Theyre frauds, but since they have those big names people will give them the benefit of the doubt 

But which team in the NFC has shown they are far and beyond the best in the conference? Which team has shown that they have no weaknesses? The Cardinals have been great on both sides of the ball but they have some injuries they are dealing with and I don't think anyone thinks they are unbeatable or anything. Packers? They have tons of injuries themselves...The Cowboys? I mean..............The NFC is wide open and the Rams have the talent to make a big push in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just because you've seen it before doesn't mean anything.  2018 is a long time ago.  And you aren't the Pats and you don't have BB/Brady.  You can be optimistic all you want,as your right as a fan, but Rams have not looked good vs a decent team, only bsd teams.  Woods going down is a bigger blow than one may think.  I know you tried to swing OBJ as some x factor, but I have my doubts.

They have the bye to get their sh*t together.

The reason why I bring up the 2018 bc I promise you McVay and the players like Donald, Whitworth, Havenstein, Higbee, etc probably mentioned about the adversity they overcame that year and the adversity they are going through now they can overcome it too. If you never been through anything you have no experience to fall back on. 

So regardless if this season ends up being totally different when it all said and done right now in the moment the players and coaches are talking and believing that just like 2018 they will get through this. That’s how great organizations can still win even going through crisis. That’s how the Pats can still win 11 games when Brady got hurt Week 1 when most teams would’ve went in the toilet. That’s how Tomlin can still have winning seasons even with Big Ben being a shell of himself or playing with 2nd and 3rd string QBs for multiple games. That’s how Payton can still win games two seasons in a row when Brees had to miss time. It’s bc they can fall back on crisis they have faced before and overcame them as an organization and the team believes they can do it again and for the most part they do. 

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

When they stop having Jalen play that stupid “star” position, they will be alright. He needs to be on the opposing teams best receiver every play. At one point he was defending Marcedes Lewis on a key 3rd down. Marcedes Lewis.

Raheem Morris is in over his head.

The Star position works when the opposing team doesn't have a #1 WR worth taking out of the game. But yes, it is stupid to have him playing it when guys like Deebo and Davante Adams are causing all sorts of problems. Morris definitely seems in over his head.

• Like 2

I think they got fleeced by the Lions who sold them a faulty, used product. 

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Isnt this a pretty normal trend for offenses in general? Usually offenses start hot but by the end of the year theres enough tape, and sefensive continuity, to slow them down(usually)

• Like 1

Raheem Morris sucks bad. Dude is having his DB's play soft zone wayyy too much with a dominant front four.

Turnovers are killing the Rams. Their offense can score, but you can't just give the opponent the ball as much as the Rams have the past three games. You will lose them.

If they clean up turnovers they will be back to the top of the NFC.

• Like 2

And let me also point out in regards to Stafford, he is in a lose lose situation anyways. He would win MVP and lead the Rams to a (17-0) record, nobody will care bc he hasnt won in the playoffs. They will only judge him in the playoffs. So regardless if the Rams wouldve been the 1 seed, currently the 5th seed, or drop all the way to the 7th seed the only thing people will look at is if Stafford can finally win in the playoffs? 

Currently Stafford is 3rd in passing yards, 2nd in passing tds, he has the same amount of ints as Brady (which Brady isnt looking great either recently), and Stafford is tied with Herbert for the best QBR. The team has one less win than Tampa Bay btw and honestly Tampa shouldve lost that game to the Colts if Wentz didnt self-destruct in the 2nd half so Brady gets let off the hook for struggling but still the team coming away with the win. 

Nobody is obviously going to question Brady no matter how he looks in the regular season and rightfully so bc we have seen him get it done in the postseason. I just feel like Stafford for the entire season has been a top 5 QB on a team that I still think is top 5 or so in the NFC bc like @J-ALL-DAY said, which team in the NFC has looked far superior? The Cards I will say definitely yes but then the Packers I can sorta get behind too but after that Tampa Bay and Dallas??? I say nope. But again no matter what Stafford does in the regular he is always going to be looked at as someone that finally has to get it done in the postseason. If he does win in the postseason then all of what everyone is talking about now is just a waste of time. This thread should be made if the Rams lose the playoffs as in "How concerned should LAR be moving forward". Right now even if the answer is "not concerned" the answer should be "tbd" bc its all about the playoffs and if anyone thinks the Rams will somehow miss the playoffs then I DARE YOU to go bet on the field as in the Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Panthers, Washington, Seattle or other NFC team on the outside looking in to jump the Rams. If you do bet then its a suckers bet bc you will lose.

One day, someone will explain to me why the Rams took a very good offensive philosophy that worked wonders with a far worse QB in Goff, and turned it on it's head and just became a drop back and shotgun heavier team with less play action and increased empty, wide sets with Stafford. I don't get it. That was one of the reasons I was so bullish on Stafford to begin with....he was one of the best play action passers over the last couple of years while often finding himself in a system that didn't heavily use play action. Their play action usage is low this year (comparatively speaking) the last time i saw the numbers. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

One day, someone will explain to me why the Rams took a very good offensive philosophy that worked wonders with a far worse QB in Goff, and turned it on it's head and just became a drop back and shotgun heavier team with less play action and increased empty, wide sets with Stafford. I don't get it. That was one of the reasons I was so bullish on Stafford to begin with....he was one of the best play action passers over the last couple of years while often finding himself in a system that didn't heavily use play action. Their play action usage is low this year (comparatively speaking) the last time i saw the numbers. 

Right now, I wonder if Stafford could execute it. He's simply not being consistently accurate on the intermediate throws that system relied on. You saw it yesterday with him missing an open Higbee and then throwing a couple other inaccurate balls in the intermediate range. Maybe he's just not comfortable running it. I don't know.

• Like 1