How concerned should LAR be?

biggie.

Pretty concerned.

• In win now mode, but 7-4 and have looked rough for a month. They've mortgaged draft picks and cap flexibility (not really that big a deal) to get the team they have now, which is mostly players in the middle of their prime... which means their clock is ticking. They need results ASAP. Their window is not closing after 2021, but you never want to waste any years and at this rate you will need 3 road wins to reach the SB. 
  • Stafford is the engine on offense, and he simply doesn't look as sharp as he did in September. He's 33 and a report just came out about all the injuries that are piling up on him, many of which are chronic. That's worrisome, these aren't going away unless he rests... which he can't.
  • Defense is not the same without Staley. Morris has not inspired any hope that things will turn around.
  • Have not been able to establish the run in 3 out of last 4 games, not including Tenn game because they fell in a hole so quickly. McVay offense needs to be able to move the chains on the ground.
  • 2-4 against playoff contenders, averaging 22.5 PPG while allowing 30 PPG.
  • Like 1

i like when teams fail when trying to do what the Rams are doing (running a franchise on Madden mode like fans frequently clamor for). Not because of anything specific to the Rams, I like most of their fans and players - but just for the principle of it and its usefulness as a resource when making the point against this strategy.

This year there’s nothing to be concerned about because they’re toast.

2022 and beyond. They need to panic. They don’t have much young talent because they traded away so many draft picks. I think they’ve already traded away all their picks in the first four rounds of next year’s draft. A lot of the guys they traded for aren’t even that good(wtf were they thinking with Von Miller?) Stafford wasn’t an elite QB hidden on a crappy team. He’s the borderline top 10 QB everyone thought.

19 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

This year there’s nothing to be concerned about because they’re toast.

2022 and beyond. They need to panic. They don’t have much young talent because they traded away so many draft picks. I think they’ve already traded away all their picks in the first four rounds of next year’s draft. A lot of the guys they traded for aren’t even that good(wtf were they thinking with Von Miller?) Stafford wasn’t an elite QB hidden on a crappy team. He’s the borderline top 10 QB everyone thought.

Are you, are you saying the Rams are done?

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

You did read it lol. Seriously though I’m not concerned. How many times in the past decade when the Pats started off slowly and look not right early have people said “what’s wrong with the Pats”? Only for them to end up right where most thought they would be in the end? 

Pats are the inverse. We start off pretty meh, and sort it out as it goes along. Bill used to use September as an extension to pre-season, it was said. 

McVay's team seems to do the opposite in terms of performance (not necessarily results, although this year it is)

I was thinking this today, with Stafford you cant have it both ways. You cant say when he is playing great "well thats bc he finally got away from Detroit" and when he plays bad "this is what he did in Detroit and thus the Rams shouldve never traded for him". Its like take one side and stick by it.

Right now this is Stafford numbers: 3,316yds (3rd in the NFL), 27 tds (2nd in the NFL), 105.2 QB Rating (4th in the NFL) and 65.8 QBR (2nd in the NFL) leading the 7th ranked total offense and 8th ranked total scoring offense. Btw the Rams are (7-4) which is tied for 7th best in the entire NFL. So the sky isnt falling.

The trouble has come in these last three games which btw was against the Titans, Niners, and Packers all teams that in general are pretty good. Its not like the Rams have lost to the Jags, Texans, Jets, Saints (led by Siemian), and the Broncos. Plus the Rams troubles all started when Stafford missed the entire week of practice leading up to the Titans game. Then the following week the acquisition of OBJ they had to thrust him and the 7th round rookie Skowronek into the lineup for big playing time bc Woods got hurt literally days before the Niners game. These are legit excuses for the offense looking off. Yes they had issues in Green Bay but they still scored 28pts against a defense that were only allowing 11ppg at home. If the Rams just slightly played better they couldve won that game. So its not like Green Bay beat them 36-10 or something. We saw what this offense can be in glimpses when Jefferson is being consistent and when OBJ is blowing by defenders catching deep bombs.

The key for this team is on offense Jefferson has to continue to build off the Green Bay game where he played well. OBJ has to continue to get comfortable in the system bc as he play more and more he is going to be valuable. Then on defense not just continue to get pressure but make those pressures count for turnovers. The Rams only sacked ARod once but ARod almost made a few mistakes but the Rams didnt hold on to the ball for ints. The Packers did put the ball on the ground on offense but the Rams didnt recover the fumble. So the Rams defense need takeaways like they were getting early in the season that led to them starting (7-1). Last thing is for them to run the ball with Henderson and Michel. I think the Rams are more than capable of doing everything I said and with that said once they clean up some things and get back on track they will be a dangerous team heading into the playoffs. Take them lightly if you want to. The most dangerous teams are those who dont have all the pressure and I feel like the Rams heading into the playoffs NOBODY will be thinking they will be able to win a game let alone multiple games. They will be underdogs from game one of the postseason thus all the pressure will be on the home team and I personally like it. Just like I did back in 2018 when people were off the bandwagon and thought the Cowboys would come to LA and beat the Rams then thought no way the Rams would go to New Orleans and win. They did both. 

One thing that is concerning is that Stafford is leading the league in pick sixes thrown this year (3) and has already led the NFL 3 times in this category while playing for the Lions. You certainly don't want that happening in the playoffs.
Otherwise the Rams are still a good team in a year when there's no great teams so they have a chance if they catch fire at the right moment. 
As multiple Rams fans said already, they should try to rely a bit more on Henderson and the running game. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I was thinking this today, with Stafford you cant have it both ways. You cant say when he is playing great "well thats bc he finally got away from Detroit" and when he plays bad "this is what he did in Detroit and thus the Rams shouldve never traded for him". Its like take one side and stick by it.

who’s done that? I think you’re allowed to say when he’s playing well (vs poorer teams) and point out when he’s not (vs recent good teams). Nothing wrong with that. Has he ever been called ‘great’ and ‘bad’ by the same person?

Right now this is Stafford numbers: 3,316yds (3rd in the NFL), 27 tds (2nd in the NFL), 105.2 QB Rating (4th in the NFL) and 65.8 QBR (2nd in the NFL) leading the 7th ranked total offense and 8th ranked total scoring offense. Btw the Rams are (7-4) which is tied for 7th best in the entire NFL. So the sky isnt falling

It is not. And I think Stafford will come back well. However, who represented the bulk of the opposition for those stats? Because against teams with winning % (and SF), I’d wager you drop those stats close in half 

The trouble has come in these last three games which btw was against the Titans, Niners, and Packers all teams that in general are pretty good

yeah this is the crux of the issue 

Just like I did back in 2018 when people were off the bandwagon and thought the Cowboys would come to LA and beat the Rams then thought no way the Rams would go to New Orleans and win. They did both. 

The comparisons to 2018 are of mixed use for me. Yes you can point to regression, but in that didn’t you beat Peak lights out KC? With GOOF?! And that was around about this time of the year. This current team couldn’t beat a Packers team missing 3 of its best 6 players, no hyperbole. 

your 2018 team was better, at this time of the season

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Right now this is Stafford numbers: 3,316yds (3rd in the NFL), 27 tds (2nd in the NFL), 105.2 QB Rating (4th in the NFL) and 65.8 QBR (2nd in the NFL) leading the 7th ranked total offense and 8th ranked total scoring offense. Btw the Rams are (7-4) which is tied for 7th best in the entire NFL. So the sky isnt falling.

The trouble has come in these last three games which btw was against the Titans, Niners, and Packers all teams that in general are pretty good. Its not like the Rams have lost to the Jags, Texans, Jets, Saints (led by Siemian), and the Broncos. Plus the Rams troubles all started when Stafford missed the entire week of practice leading up to the Titans game. Then the following week the acquisition of OBJ they had to thrust him and the 7th round rookie Skowronek into the lineup for big playing time bc Woods got hurt literally days before the Niners game. These are legit excuses for the offense looking off. Yes they had issues in Green Bay but they still scored 28pts against a defense that were only allowing 11ppg at home. If the Rams just slightly played better they couldve won that game. So its not like Green Bay beat them 36-10 or something. We saw what this offense can be in glimpses when Jefferson is being consistent and when OBJ is blowing by defenders catching deep bombs.

The key for this team is on offense Jefferson has to continue to build off the Green Bay game where he played well. OBJ has to continue to get comfortable in the system bc as he play more and more he is going to be valuable. Then on defense not just continue to get pressure but make those pressures count for turnovers. The Rams only sacked ARod once but ARod almost made a few mistakes but the Rams didnt hold on to the ball for ints. The Packers did put the ball on the ground on offense but the Rams didnt recover the fumble. So the Rams defense need takeaways like they were getting early in the season that led to them starting (7-1). Last thing is for them to run the ball with Henderson and Michel. I think the Rams are more than capable of doing everything I said and with that said once they clean up some things and get back on track they will be a dangerous team heading into the playoffs. Take them lightly if you want to. The most dangerous teams are those who dont have all the pressure and I feel like the Rams heading into the playoffs NOBODY will be thinking they will be able to win a game let alone multiple games. They will be underdogs from game one of the postseason thus all the pressure will be on the home team and I personally like it. Just like I did back in 2018 when people were off the bandwagon and thought the Cowboys would come to LA and beat the Rams then thought no way the Rams would go to New Orleans and win. They did both. 

With the way they have played the past 3 games and the limited ammo we have in the coming years, the sky has started it's descent. They need to right the ship now if they want to win anything. 

Last year, we were beating these "pretty good teams" at this time of the year. The Rams needs to step it up in all areas or we're going to be going through a rough patch for a while.