Is a Belichick vs Brady Super Bowl LVI Match-up Inevitable?

incognito_man

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's like people don't want to see things happen, so they jinx the concept.

I'd personally love to watch the game. The build up from the media the week of the game? Notsomuch.

By the way, it was me who started the “will the Texans achieve 0-17 the first time of asking?” thread so I’m to thank for their wins. 

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Don't see it, for 2 main reasons:

1.   NE doesn't beat themselves - but their main MO for winning is by exposing teams that are predictable on O, and that can't stop the run effectively.   CLE's O is an abomination at this point, while LAC's O has become far too predictable in not being vertical (a part of the Lombardi O that Brees' uber efficiency-but-also-fading-deep-ball-talent masked as a system weakness, where ppl attributed it to Brees himself), and LAC can't stop the run at all.    TEN I think we can recognize they faced  a shell of the original team.     Point being - this is a recipe for regular season success, and BB deserves all the kudos he gets.   But that's not a formula that usually gets you into the AFCG/NFCG, let alone the SB.    Against better O's, or balanced teams, I expect BB to make it closer than it would seem on paper, but ultimately lose out this year.  

What are some examples of teams in the AFC that are both unpredictable on offense and can stop the run on D?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What are some examples of teams in the AFC that are both unpredictable on offense and can stop the run on D?

So far, it's teams that don't have either trait (LAC can't stop the D, and have become uber predictable in the pass game; CLE had zero O, which negated their D given they were on the field so much, and in terrible spots), that have lost to NE.      It's a fair point that no team is close to complete in the AFC (nor frankly the NFC this year), though. 

But to your Q - while still an issue, BUF's run D is vastly improved, at #12 by DVOA, IND is #2 (Wentz & Reich certainly don't make me feel great about their chances though), CIN #10 & BAL #6.    As a contrast, CLE is 17, TEN 18 & LAC #32).    The NE games vs. BUF & IND (notwithstanding Reich's total game mismanagement & Wentz's game-crushing mistake tendencies) will go a long way in showing how well the NE O adjusts vs. better run stopping D's.    

Fireworks readied. Cameras blazing. 

1st and 10. 

At Tampa Bay's 25. 

Mac Jones is walking out onto the field to hand the ball off, up 28-25. 

1:36 shows on the game clock. 

Tampa Bay has all 3 timeouts left. 

Tom Brady catches the youngster before heading off the field, and in classic Tom Brady fashion, stops and whispers something in Mac Jones' ear before trotting the rest of the way off the field.

Jones goes under center and hands the ball off. 

3 yard gain. 1:28 remains as Tampa calls their first timeout. 

Jones again hands the ball off for a 3 yard gain as Tampa uses their second timeout at 1:20. 

Jones gets under center for 3rd and 4 at Tampa's 19. 

This is it, the rookie outduels the legend. 

Jones gets into his stance.....the ball is snapped.....and Jones bobbles it!

In a moment of rookie panic, Mac Jones scoops the ball up and chucks it away towards Nelson Agholor's feet as the ball hits the turf as Tom Brady grins and *clap*clap*claps away on the sideline.  

Bill Belichik throws his headset. 

4th and 4 from the opponent's 19, 1:05 remains. 

Bill knows better, and sends out his kicker. 

Patriots go out 31-25 with 58 seconds left. 

On the ensuing kickoff, the return is stopped at the Tampa Bay 40 with 40 ticks left as Tom Brady comes out with one timeout to work with and 60 yards to go to the great 8. 

On the final play of the game, Tom hits Rob Gronkowski for the game tying TD, before Tampa walks off with a miracle Superbowl victory. 

In attendance is Drew Bledsoe, who interviews Tom Brady for the last time of his legendary career. 

He asks Tom what he said to Mac Jones as he took the field for that fatal final drive. 

Tom smiles and a little shimmer appears in his eye, an indication of his mastery of sports psychology. 

"I said, 'You're Troy Aikman."

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fireworks readied. Cameras blazing. 

1st and 10. 

At Tampa Bay's 25. 

Mac Jones is walking out onto the field to hand the ball off, up 28-25. 

1:36 shows on the game clock. 

Tampa Bay has all 3 timeouts left. 

Tom Brady catches the youngster before heading off the field, and in classic Tom Brady fashion, stops and whispers something in Mac Jones' ear before trotting the rest of the way off the field.

Jones goes under center and hands the ball off. 

3 yard gain. 1:28 remains as Tampa calls their first timeout. 

Jones again hands the ball off for a 3 yard gain as Tampa uses their second timeout at 1:20. 

Jones gets under center for 3rd and 4 at Tampa's 21. 

This is it, the rookie outduels the legend. 

Jones gets into his stance.....the ball is snapped.....and Jones bobbles it!

In a moment of rookie panic, Mac Jones scoops the ball up and chucks it away towards Nelson Agholor's feet as the ball hits the turf as Tom Brady grins and *clap*clap*claps away on the sideline.  

Bill Belichik throws his headset. 

4th and 4 from the opponent's 21, 1:05 remains. 

Bill knows better, and sends out his kicker. 

Patriots go out 31-25 with 58 seconds left. 

On the ensuing kickoff, the return is stopped at the Tampa Bay 40 with 40 ticks left as Tom Brady comes out with one timeout to work with and 60 yards to go to the great 8. 

On the final play of the game, Tom hits Rob Gronkowski for the game tying TD, before Tampa walks off with a miracle Superbowl victory. 

In attendance is Drew Bledsoe, who interviews Tom Brady for the last time of his legendary career. 

He asks Tom what he said to Mac Jones as he took the field for that fatal final drive. 

Tom smiles and a little shimmer appears in his eye, an indication of his mastery of sports psychology. 

"I said, 'You're Troy Airman."

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

"Is a thing that's mathematically unlikely to happen, inevitable?"

God these threads are annoying

I recognize that the world is full of dumb people, so a reaction like this isn't necessarily off-base. However, I'd like to think my reputation here has made it quite obvious that this is not a thread to be taken literally.