The Championship Week Thread! (Because I forgot, and the Coaching Carousel consumed me)

MikeT14

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Nah, Bama will move to 3 and they'll play Michigan. I just really think the committee doesn't want to see a "coachless" ND team that isn't a conference champ. I'm probably wrong but that's just how I'm thinking it goes

I think it will go beyond that. Look how hard they have tried to keep group of 5 teams out. Now look at ND's schedule. They basically played no one of great signifigance other than Cincy which they lost. If they are gonna treat schedule as important then ND has issues with that. 

If Bama plays UGA close but loses I'm still not convinced they don't have the better resume than ND. And I don't think either team has looked particularly good this year. Neither could complain if they don't make it, but both have arguments on their side. Frankly I don't think it should be just those 2 in the convo. You'd also have to look a 2 loss Baylor conference champ and a 2 loss Ohio St has probably looked the best of the 4.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Where’s this elite Georgie defense I heard about? 

Im as casual a fan as they come with college football, but I’ve seen multiple horrid breakdowns and blown coverages.

I'd guess something about the GOAT on the other sideline may have something to do with that.

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think it will go beyond that. Look how hard they have tried to keep group of 5 teams out. Now look at ND's schedule. They basically played no one of great signifigance other than Cincy which they lost. If they are gonna treat schedule as important then ND has issues with that. 

If Bama plays UGA close but loses I'm still not convinced they don't have the better resume than ND. And I don't think either team has looked particularly good this year. Neither could complain if they don't make it, but both have arguments on their side. Frankly I don't think it should be just those 2 in the convo. You'd also have to look a 2 loss Baylor conference champ and a 2 loss Ohio St has probably looked the best of the 4.

The top brings up very valid points as well. 

I can't put OSU in any conversation after how bad they looked against Michigan. They need to sit this one out. I have a huge problem with a two loss Big XII team as well but I'm not important lol. Honestly, just hoping for something fair bc as of now, it really looks like we're going to get another SEC championship game in a month.