Week 13: Patriots @ Bills (MNF)

Apparition

On 12/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, The BILLievers said:

…you won’t have to worry about it cause we won’t be behind 😉

I’m guessing it’ll end up a one score game and whichever team comes out on top will be feeling pretty good. 

We’ll chat after the game!

I’m not really sure what I can say about this game that hasn’t been said yet, except that I’ve never seen anything like it. 

I’m going to assume that the game on December 26 will be a more traditional contest and as such more of an indicator of how evenly these teams match up. It won’t be 75 and sunny (not likely, anyway) and the Bills will have the opportunity to shut the Patriots’ passing game down. We’ll see what happens when weather isn’t a factor and the Patriots have all the distractions of playing at home working against them. 

Hope you’re well, bro. 

Good game, y'all!

The weather really limited the playbooks, so I'm not going to judge too harshly either way. I was at the game; the wind was INSANE. Probably the windiest game I've ever been to, and I've been to A LOT of game.

It lightened up a bit by game time, but was still absolutely a factor. I'm hoping for better weather next game so we can really see the playbooks open. Felt a bit robbed of seeing both teams play to their potential. I had a similar feeling after the Bills-Ravens game last year. 

Oh, and BB is a mastermind. Love that dude even if he is coaching a division rival. This ain't the first time he's made McD his ******, and won't be the last. Really hoping this is the start of a rivalry between two good teams. 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

We broke them- they're down bad. Have fun with Tampa next week Buffalo.

God damn! This may be a great three weeks for y'all. Whoop us at home, watch TB murder us, then sufficiently end whatever hopes we have of a second division crown at home.

Edited by WizeGuy

I feel really good about the Pats chances against the next Bills match up. 

Reason

1.  Bills were destroyed by the running game and they new it was coming. What can they do to stop it if Mac has the option to throw next time. Pats bring in two TEs and they have the choice run or pass. What can the Bills do, bring in DBs to cover well if that happen the Pats kill them with the run or LBers kill them with the pass.

2. The Pats completely shut down their running game which is the Bills major weakness. Pats will ( shutdown the  RG )force them to pass and overload the secondary and wait for Allen's mistakes, IMO he will try to force the ball down field which will lead to turnovers.

3. Also the Pats will have Duggers back. Major plus for the Pats.

ADDED  I not concerned with the Colt. BB will get into  Wentz's  head and it will explode. 😁

Edited by m haynes

12 hours ago, m haynes said:

Reason

1.  Bills were destroyed by the running game and they new it was coming. What can they do to stop it if Mac has the option to throw next time. Pats bring in two TEs and they have the choice run or pass. What can the Bills do, bring in DBs to cover well if that happen the Pats kill them with the run or LBers kill them with the pass.

Buffalo's base is nickel, they used more 4-3 in this game than they have all season. so they're lining up with their biggest boys possible, and we still rammed it, yeah.

I'd make them come out in their 4-3 again, and PA it all friggin day. Their LBs are fast and clever, and good at pursuit, but sometimes over-pursue and also are moved off well. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:28 AM, rfournier103 said:

I’m not really sure what I can say about this game that hasn’t been said yet, except that I’ve never seen anything like it. 

I’m going to assume that the game on December 26 will be a more traditional contest and as such more of an indicator of how evenly these teams match up. It won’t be 75 and sunny (not likely, anyway) and the Bills will have the opportunity to shut the Patriots’ passing game down. We’ll see what happens when weather isn’t a factor and the Patriots have all the distractions of playing at home working against them. 

Hope you’re well, bro. 

Yeah that was tough to watch lol. It was a "fun" game in the sense that it was wonky (Bill Simmons reference) but didn't really show me a whole lot. The Patriots are obviously a better run first, physical team than the Bills, and 30-40 mph winds definitely impacted the Bills offense much more than the Pats offense. 

The Bills offense just couldn't execute in the red zone. Missed FG, (2) opportunities inside the 10 and a combination of penalties/play calling/wind/bad plays didn't allow us to punch it in. That 50 yard throw from Josh to Diggs could've been it but I understand why it was it tough catch for Diggs to make. 

I also didn't really like how the narrative after the game that this whole "bills defense should be embarrassed" rhetoric. The Pats scored one touchdown on the game and it was in the first 7 minutes of the game. They def ran the ball well but I blame the red zone offense and weather for the loss, not the defense. 

This weekend is huge for Buffalo, I think they're going to come out hot vs the Bucs and Allen will have a great day vs that secondary. If they somehow win in tampa and can get to 8-5. Bills would be 8-5 vs the Panthers, Patriots 9-4 vs the Colts. There's a scenario where they have the same record when they have the rematch but if the Bills lose this weekend to the Bucs I'd think the Pats have the division on lock unless they lost to both Buffalo and Miami later in the season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, m haynes said:

Reason

2. The Pats completely shut down their running game which is the Bills major weakness. Pats will ( shutdown the  RG )force them to pass and overload the secondary and wait for Allen's mistakes, IMO he will try to force the ball down field which will lead to turnovers.

3. Also the Pats will have Duggers back. Major plus for the Pats.

ADDED  I not concerned with the Colt. BB will get into  Wentz's  head and it will explode. 😁

Your point #1 and #2 are the exact reasons why, I believe, in the rematch it'll be alot better for Buffalo lol. The Bills "weakness" is running the ball and stopping the run.. That game on Monday night literally made the Bills play to their 2 weaknesses. 

Obviously the Pats offense will be better when there isn't wind but more exponential for the Bills. 

For example, say it's the same weather (40-50mph blizzard) and the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the Titans (with Derrick Henry), which team do you think the weather helps more? It's not the Chiefs. 

49 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

For example, say it's the same weather (40-50mph blizzard) and the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the Titans (with Derrick Henry), which team do you think the weather helps more? It's not the Chiefs. 

Depends, who has Tom Brady?

For real though, I NEVER worried about weather with Tom. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Depends, who has Tom Brady?

For real though, I NEVER worried about weather with Tom. 

Honestly lol I agree. But I think that's partly because Brady was a short to intermediate passing QB so even in bad weather, he could throw those 6 yard outs to Welker, or hit Edelman over the middle of the field for 9 yards. Brady drives were very methodical and controlled. Unlike a Mahomes or Allen who thrive on intermediate to deep vertical passing. Build Josh a retractable roof Pegulas!! LOL 

44 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Your point #1 and #2 are the exact reasons why, I believe, in the rematch it'll be alot better for Buffalo lol. The Bills "weakness" is running the ball and stopping the run.. That game on Monday night literally made the Bills play to their 2 weaknesses. 

Obviously the Pats offense will be better when there isn't wind but more exponential for the Bills. 

Appreciate the comment however I don't want to have a back and fourth.  I will give you this on my reasons. IMO BB will have (control) no problem stopping Allen and I based that on the past and I don't feel Allen's good enough to beat BB. You might think Bills kick our butt last year which they did but I look at the 2nd game as the Golf clubs are ready get this over with game. 😁

Also IMO Stevenson is a monster that can't be stopped by the Bills.

Basically you think Allen can beat the Pats and I don't. IMO, he's is your only hope and he will need a great game at least 30 points on the board to win. 

See you 👍