WEEK 12: 6-5 Denver Broncos @ 7-4 KC Chiefs - 8:20pm EST/6:20pm MST- 12/5/21

broncos67

45 minutes ago, Orangecrush151 said:

Shurner should be canned. Should of been 6 weeks ago ffs. It’s pathetic as well as once again the horrid special teams

Seems inevitable now that both Fangio and Shurmur are toast, but this also show us Teddy is nothing more than a journeyman.  

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Seems inevitable now that both Fangio and Shurmur are toast, but this also show us Teddy is nothing more than a journeyman.  

I think we go hard after Rodgers/ Wilson/ Watson and, if we whiff, offer to bring back TB at QB28-QB32 $ w/ a young guy.

19 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Only 6 completions to WRs tonight.  On one hand Sutton quitting on the deep route is indefensible. On the other, is it?  I can’t imagine how demoralizing it must be to be a WR in this offense 

It'll be that way until we get a system WITH a competent QB who can run a decent offense

• Like 1

Honestly, at this point I don’t care if we trade the entire god damn draft if that’s what it takes to get Rodgers or Wilson in a Broncos uniform next year. We’ve got some very talented pieces on both sides of the ball. But until we get a quarterback, we’re not going anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

I think we go hard after Rodgers/ Wilson/ Watson and, if we whiff, offer to bring back TB at QB28-QB32 $ w/ a young guy.

Hope not, he just good enough to keep us as a middle-of-the-pack team, much like this year is turning out to be

9 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Hope not, he just good enough to keep us as a middle-of-the-pack team, much like this year is turning out to be

That is absolutely not a palatable option IMO.   He's literally holding the entire O back.    Jeudy, Patrick & even Fant were all open on routes where Teddy couldn't even pull the trigger at least 3-4x each.    What's discouraging is that Jeudy's first chunk play on the 2nd drive was EXACTLY how you beat KC when you pass - so it offered hope maybe the O had done their homework and we were going to see that kind of pass game mixed in with the run game we thrive in.   But, nope, absolutely nothing more like that after that until the 4Q, when we were 3 scores down.  TeddyB can't see the windows until the player is there (Lock is even worse, to be clear - just TeddyB won't put the ball in danger most weeks, whereas Lock continuously puts the ball up for grabs).    

Each time we win a game with TeddyB, optimists say "hey, this can work, see?".   Except when we win, it's almost always the same story - get a lead, win the TO battle, and have the D play amazing.  The moment we are behind, or have to play with even a little bit of firepower - we can't keep up.    And to be clear, it used to be bad OL play 1-2 years ago - it's not really the case now.  It used to be limited skill position talent 1-2 years ago - it's not the case now.   It's all about the QB play (and in other games, the OC decisions, but not tonight - it was all about terrible execution by our QB).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Agreed which is why we can’t whiff on DW, RW, or AR this offseason.  We’re not getting a year one rookie starter in the draft this year unless we trade a Lance/Wentz-esque package and, even then, who do we like enough to mortgage the future?

It gets grim very quickly if we go 0/3 on those vets.

Edited by bMiller031

Same old story for us versus the Chiefs. Vic Fangio and our Defense had one of the best nights an opposing team has had in Arrowhead in Andy Reid's entire tenure as Chiefs HC.

They held Patrick Mahomes to his worst QBR of his career, and were only responsible for THIRTEEN points on the road vs Patrick Mahomes. That is a simply incredible performance. 

But, as we all feared, the passing game was just horrific. Even with a good run/pass balance, even with a good running game (well, good RB at least), this anemic Pass Offense reared it's ugly head again. Teddy was so bad. I guess the all-22 will show how bad the playcalling and WR play was. My initial view is that those were nearly as bad as Teddy as well.

I just can't for the life of me understand why on 3rd and short, against a blitz heavy w/ man coverage team, we don't find a way to involve Jerry Jeudy who was a 1st round pick entirely because of his ability to beat 1v1 man coverage. Not a single quick-hitting slant or out route to Jeudy in those clutch downs. Someone explain it to me.

We all know this game was lost the second that 4th and 2 failed on the 20 play drive. 

I would absolutely love to know whether Shurmur knew on 3rd and 2 that we'd be going for it on 4th down. Surely he did? If not, that is a disastrous piece of Head Coaching from Vic.

But if he did know, and he still threw on 3rd and 2, he needs firing like, now. WHY are you throwing on 3rd and 2 then running on 4th and 2????? WHY, if you know you have two goes at it, would you not run on 3rd and 4th down????? 2 plays, 2 yards. You HAVE to back your team to be able to do that.

I thought we'd get blown out so props to our Defense. But this passing Offense is just so painful on the road especially.

• Like 4

What a pathetic offensive performance. Absolutely disgusting to watch. The lone bright spot of course was Javonte Williams, who is an absolute star. He's going to be special. Thank god we drafted him.

Teddy looked atrocious. He made a series of terrible throws. Refuses to scan the field. Held the ball way too long. It's just hard to watch. An even semi-competent offense would have won this game with the defensive performance we put up tonight. 

Shurmur needs to be fired tomorrow. He is the worst OC Denver has had in some time, and that's saying something. The route concepts are non-existent. The playcalling generally sucks. Why isn't Jeudy being used to his strengths? Why not run some quick routes to Patrick and Sutton? There's just no creativity in this offense. It's as boring as it gets. 

Denver will likely win one more game next week against DET (maybe), but I see us going 1-4 the rest of the way. At that point, I can only hope the entire coaching staff is fired the second the season ends. Rodgers, Wilson, or Kenny Pickett. Anything other than these guys and we're in trouble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

What a pathetic offensive performance. Absolutely disgusting to watch. The lone bright spot of course was Javonte Williams, who is an absolute star. He's going to be special. Thank god we drafted him.

Teddy looked atrocious. He made a series of terrible throws. Refuses to scan the field. Held the ball way too long. It's just hard to watch. An even semi-competent offense would have won this game with the defensive performance we put up tonight. 

Shurmur needs to be fired tomorrow. He is the worst OC Denver has had in some time, and that's saying something. The route concepts are non-existent. The playcalling generally sucks. Why isn't Jeudy being used to his strengths? Why not run some quick routes to Patrick and Sutton? There's just no creativity in this offense. It's as boring as it gets. 

Denver will likely win one more game next week against DET (maybe), but I see us going 1-4 the rest of the way. At that point, I can only hope the entire coaching staff is fired the second the season ends. Rodgers, Wilson, or Kenny Pickett. Anything other than these guys and we're in trouble.

Meh rather have Howell than Pickett. Howell gets a bad rap but has had to try and play Superman to bail out a bad defense on an offense that lost their four top playmakers to the last draft. 

10 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Shurmur sucks but this is a Teddy loss. Miserable experience watching him lead an offense. 

He is a backup...he will get you two or three wins a year.  This is why I hated him being named the starter...now he won't take a demotion, because he would be fantastic has a lockeroom guy and a sounding board in the QB room, and he can spell a starter when asked to do so.