Players that weren't outrights busts, but generally disappointing?

biggie.

What are some players that weren't exactly busts, but were overall disappointing?

One example I have in mind is Carson Palmer. Looked like a franchise savior before having his knee shredded and was never more than above average after that. Left Cincinnati with a losing record.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

What are some players that weren't exactly busts, but were overall disappointing?

One example I have in mind is Carson Palmer. Looked like a franchise savior before having his knee shredded and was never more than above average after that. Left Cincinnati with a losing record.

Jadevion Clowney? Was billed as a freak of nature type at DE/Edge with an unreal size/speed/strength profile. The athleticism was off the charts for the guy; The right situation would turn him into an LT type pass rusher (and lining up next to JJ Watt wouldn't hurt that development...)

He was good, but never the 13 sack/helmet popping monster from South Carolina. He's starting to develop into a very good player in Cleveland, but he's not THE guy he was supposed to be.

• Like 17

Reggie Bush is a bit underrated IMO.

• He had 9088 yards from scrimmage and 54 TDs. (10k counting returns)
    • He also had 5 punt return TDs.
  • He had a pair of 1000 yard seasons.
  • He had another 533 playoff yards and 5 playoff TDs.

He was not a superstar but he was a dangerous run/catch combo guy. (4.3 per run and 7.5 per catch)

I guess you could complain that he missed 20 games in 5 Saints seasons but players get hurt all the time.

Its not like he got 1 early injury and faded.

In his first 4 years (57 games) he had 4311 yards from scrimmage, 32 TDs (37 counting punt returns), and the Saints won the Super Bowl.

• This is counting playoffs too

I may be a bit biased because I watched Sheldon Brown kill him on a screen pass and he stayed in the game and made a big impact in that Saints playoff win.

Reggie respawned and came back in the game to play well. He had a reverse direction run in that game that was a backbreaker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Carson Palmer left Cincy cause Chad Johnson said in a presser that he wanted to move in with him and Carson's wife wasn't having any of it.