2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t put any stock into anything from that particular account. With that said, if Daniels is back I think C makes the most sense. That he wasn’t put there and allowed to grow into the role is yet another failure of the prior regime. Especially last year when the chosen alternative was Sam Mustipher and we had other viable RG options. 😡

Solid guard play can be found easier than any other spot on the line, but a solid center has a ton of value. I’d sign Daniels to a deal that pays him as a solid center if I can get it (meaning the $ most are talking about for Brian Allen) knowing I have the fall back to moving him to guard if center doesn’t pan out for him and will still have an effective player. I’m fine with Allen too, but he’s a known commodity at C (not at all a bad thing, but I think he is what he is). I think Daniels should be solid there too (he wasn’t awful when we saw him there IMO - just inexperienced), but he could be better than Allen. He’s a 4-year vet now, and will still be just 25 this year. Keeping him as our C would be the kind of long term outlook move Poles has been talking about. His skill set as a zone scheme center is a fit too. Here’s his draft profile:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/james-daniels/32004441-4e55-9931-e8d6-d8558958d2cc

Get him back down to that weight, put Whitehair at one guard spot (for 2022 anyway) and a mean SOB on the other and let him work. 

Chad Forbes is an idiot 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The FA market for interior OL is solid this year for 1 year starters.

…which makes me think we’re only throwing big(gish) money at Daniels if it’s at C. FA has solid short term G options and the draft long term ones. Both are far thinner at C. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Collins for Goldman straight up?

In a crackhead heartbeat yes. I'm just hoping for a late 4th for Goldman if he is traded. Getting another plus OL would be fantastic. 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Isn't Collins more than "a body?" IIRC he's still pretty good

While he isn't a top 5 OT he would be the best OL we have had since prime Long. I expect Jenkins to be a top talent in a few years if he can stay healthy, so that would be a hell of a duo for Fields. 

Borom can kick into OG and if Whitehair isn't shopped off you have 4 spots taken care of this year pre-FA and draft. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Isn't Collins more than "a body?" IIRC he's still pretty good

I mean, yeah. I was pooping when i wrote that, so I wasn’t exactly giving my full thoughts. 

by “a body” I meant one less position we have to worry about filling out going into FA and the draft. He would be an instant starter on this team, and if it were this trade, in exchange for a player that likely doesn’t have a future with us 

14 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I mean, yeah. I was pooping when i wrote that, so I wasn’t exactly giving my full thoughts. 

by “a body” I meant one less position we have to worry about filling out going into FA and the draft. He would be an instant starter on this team, and if it were this trade, in exchange for a player that likely doesn’t have a future with us 

Exactly. IMO he's a top 10 RT. I'd take that hands down