2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What if Poles doesn’t believe in Justin. These moves seem like a complete tank let’s get the first pick in the 2023 draft.

Ugh, bro I don't even want to entertain that thought.... but it is possible...

8 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What if Poles doesn’t believe in Justin. These moves seem like a complete tank let’s get the first pick in the 2023 draft.

I don't think he had him talk to the media immediately after he and Eberflus did for no reason, but yes if Fields is as ineffective in 2022 as he was in 2021, they'll probably have a top 3 pick and a new QB becomes a real possibility

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears: Sign an okay player

Bears fans: 8 paragraph thesis on why he's better than the okay player they signed last offseason

If everyone here could talk me up like they’ve talked up every skills position signing we’ve ever had, I’d have the confidence to rule the world. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think he had him talk to the media immediately after he and Eberflus did for no reason, but yes if Fields is as ineffective in 2022 as he was in 2021, they'll probably have a top 3 pick and a new QB becomes a real possibility

Are you believing the internet argument that Fields is a bad QB? 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This apparently is the time I have to put in your daily reminder that the GM said he was going to be in on the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA and that is precisely what he is doing right now.  

Yup!

We're digging deeper.

I'm still  really happy about St. Brown and Pringle, though...

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This is a really solid move.

Sad to see him go, he came a long way. He's not gonna be a 1000yard 10td guy but he will be a solid contributor who shows up with a good attitude, good blocking and the occasional clutch catch. He didn't quite have enough ability to be a #2 WR for us but imo that #3 spot was his sweet spot. 

Having said all that I hope he lights it up for y'all and gives Fields a reliable target. 

• Like 5

If you guys are truly concerned about the progression of Fields (which I think is majorly over blown here) the guy who you should all want is the guy ARob just took the spot of, Robert Woods

He is probably getting cut in a few days, despite the agent/front office puppetry of Schefter. Hard to see anyone giving up anything for him off the ACL and then pay him 8 figures ontop of that. 

He would be the perfect #2, for both Fields and Mooney. But it seems like a long shot he’d come to Chicago 

Edited by StLunatic88