Week 15 General Discussion

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Nope.

You don't go into to Overtime when you have your entire secondary injured against one of the best QBs in the league.

Or maybe the kick returner fumbles the ball and gives you a short field, or you win the coin toss and win without Rodgers ever getting the ball. If you go to OT you have several chances to win the game, if you got for 2 you have at best a 50/50 shot of losing.

It’s  not like there were zeroes in the clock either, taking a 1 point lead 45 seconds to go is no more secure than being tied.

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 4

Just now, Forge said:

That was actually probably  more of a "gut" call. I'm not sure how the numbers play out in that regard. 

Generally go for it. There is a better than 50% chance at succeeding on a 2 pt play, only 50% in OT. Obviously that is just general so you have to consider the actual matchup and team abilities but I don't think that would change anything. Baltimore, with a good play call, should actually be better at 2 pt plays with a mobile QB and with a depleted secondary against Rodgers OT is probably less than 50%.

The decision was good, imo. The play was horrendous. Among the worst possible play calls in that situation

• Like 2

Just now, jrry32 said:

Spread the field. Force the Packers to defend every inch of it. Let Hundley's legs do the work if there isn't an open option. That's how they burned them in the 4th quarter.

I just don't get it. You already have almost no field to work with because you're on the 2 yard line, then you cut HALF OF IT off even more and then only have one guy on that side of the field?!

Like holy **** taht is an all-timer in terms of how stupid it was.

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

So they were going to win if they tied the game with Rodgers on the other side?

Yes. Rodgers isn’t a mythical creature. They could have ended that game in regulation if not for passing on the 3 points to start the game. The defense also rose to the occasion on the prior drive.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

you sly bastard! I hope you win your matchup

I sat Stefon Diggs, Mike Evans, Javonte Williams, Carson Wentz..lost Deandre Hopkins before the weekend and have Swift on IR. 

I replaced them with Tyler Huntley, Christian Kirk, Jeff Wilson, Amon St Brown and Darnell Mooney. 

I'm up by 65 lol 

• Like 1

The crazy part is, if Cleveland wins tomorrow they take 1st place in the division. If Pittsburgh goes on to beat both Cleveland and Baltimore in their matchups in coming weeks. Pittsburgh wins the division. 

I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it's possible that whether it's Cleveland or Pittsburgh that Harbaugh has coached his team out of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I am again asking WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AWAY HALF THE ******* FIELD BY DESIGN????? YOU ARE HELPING THE DEFENSE!!!!

See I don't mind the idea of a rollout on the goal line, but I always prefer to have a short option, deeper option, or the option of running for the sticks.

I don't totally agree with the venom that Buck and Aikman had for the general idea. Yeah you take away half the field but it's a gamble, you're also taking away like half of the defense ostensibly, potentially more than half.

Not sure I like that specific call, but the idea of rolling out in general I don't mind.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Or maybe the kick returner fumbles the ball and gives you a short field, or you win the coin toss and win without Rodgers ever getting the ball. If you go to OT you have several chances to win the game, if you got for 2 you two you have at best a 50/50 shot of losing.

It’s  not like there were zeroes in the clock either, taking a 1 point lead 45 seconds to go is no more secure than being tied.

Exactly. No reason to think Baltimore couldn’t have won a coin toss and gone down the field to win.