Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

1) He doesn’t call plays

2) Sexual assault/harassment allegations is the one thing NFL teams won’t touch

3) Rumors he interviews terribly

Tired of the media circus acting like this is a race issue. He shouldn’t be a HC. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He also was involved in a recruiting scandal at CU when he was running backs coach and the one time he was in charge of something, it went horrifically bad. He was OC at CU and they were legitimately one of the worst offenses in college football both years of his tenure. That's really bad when you're talking about 120 teams. 

Along with the "how much does an OC with Reid actually do" Q, let's add:

1.   How great is KC simply because of Mahomes? 

2.  How much responsibility overall does he have in KC, given Reid/Mahomes combo? 

Being a meh interview with those Q's would make him a pretty hard candidate to back.   Name-value and recognition, but I can see how it would add to no teams wanting to go there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Along with the "how much does an OC with Reid actually do" Q, let's add:

1.   How great is KC simply because of Mahomes? 

Mahomes is great but KC has some really freaking good plays that get people in space to make plays easily. As far as who designs/calls those plays, it seems Reid does so again I just have no clue what EB does on that team.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ravens fans, is Wink a good DC? Why was he tossed in the trash can?

"good" is subjective. His scheme is entirely talent-dependent IMO. He was canned because his scheme was pretty inflexible and his ability to call a game was very inconsistent and quite frankly, he just liked to blitz everyone too often.

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Poles would have been around Bienemy for Bienemy's entire tenure in KC I think.  Why didn't he give him an interview with Chicago? 

Simply not a good HC candidate, which this forum almost universally agrees upon. And NFL teams agree upon. Only ones that don’t is ESPN, and they will do anything for ratings. 

To stir this topic back in the right direction, what do you think of Jim and the Vikes gaining steam? I already think you guys made the best GM hire. Jim would be a home run as well. 

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Poles would have been around Bienemy for Bienemy's entire tenure in KC I think.  Why didn't he give him an interview with Chicago? 

Eberflus better? Tough sell to go back to a Chiefs OC after Nagy? 

Ballard and Poles worked together in KC, maybe he gave Eberflus a glowing recommendation.

Could also be Poles thinking aligned better with other guys, entirely possible.