Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

Narratives will fluctuate depending on which end of the spectrum we fall, Bears were not going to Bieniemy after Nagy no matter what happened so it’s irrelevant to discuss. 

The new Vikings GM didn’t bring in someone from Cleveland. Detroit hired a GM from the Rams and got a coach from the Saints. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Simply not a good HC candidate, which this forum almost universally agrees upon. And NFL teams agree upon. Only ones that don’t is ESPN, and they will do anything for ratings. 

To stir this topic back in the right direction, what do you think of Jim and the Vikes gaining steam? I already think you guys made the best GM hire. Jim would be a home run as well. 

I'm trying not to get too attached to any of these candidates but it seems like it will be a let down if it's not him at this point

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm trying not to get too attached to any of these candidates but it seems like it will be a let down if it's not him at this point

If he doesnt already have the job, I dont see how it would have gotten out.  Once an interview goes public hes screwed on the college side.  On the flip side one has to wonder if the Vikes leaked this as a negotiating tactic to avoid putting out $100M guaranteed.

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If he doesnt already have the job, I dont see how it would have gotten out.  Once an interview goes public hes screwed on the college side.  On the flip side one has to wonder if the Vikes leaked this as a negotiating tactic to avoid putting out $100M guaranteed.

Would be a wonderful way to start off a relationship. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

A head coaches job isn’t to call plays. The Jets hired Saleh not for his play calling ability but his plan for leading the team, building a culture, etc…

You are hiring a head coach not a head coordinator. The jobs require different things. With that being said maybe he doesn’t have the qualities ownership may be looking for, who really knows at this point. 

You’re right. And in many ways it’s not fair. But this is all I can think of. Even if it means going the extra step when others like Nagy and Pederson didn’t.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You’re right. And in many ways it’s not fair. But this is all I can think of. Even if it means going the extra step when others like Nagy and Pederson didn’t.

Just weird because it wouldn't change any of the other reservations people would have. So yeah he'd prove he could call plays and an offense would be successful but ultimately he'd come to the team with a whole new directive. We probably will never know how much of a great mind he might be until he does step away from Reid. Reid should give him credit next time the Chiefs explode for 500+ yards and just say yeah Bieniemy called the game today lol. Would be hilarious to see the reactions. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mahomes is great but KC has some really freaking good plays that get people in space to make plays easily. As far as who designs/calls those plays, it seems Reid does so again I just have no clue what EB does on that team.

I mean is it that hard to get Tyreek Hill in space?

Edited by lancerman
Autocorrect misspelled name

17 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I mean is it that hard to get Tyrell Hill in space?

Not only that, but multiple coaches are getting jobs/got jobs by working under McVay. Mike McDaniel has a hand obviously under Shanny’s offense but he clearly doesn’t call plays. There’s plenty of other offensive HCs that have been/are getting gigs without being the mastermind behind it all. Usually these guys are working under coaches and get their ideas and philosophies from said coaches.

Not sure why people knock EB when plenty of other guys are doing the same thing and part of the funnel into HC gigs. If it’s underlying stuff like his past it’s one thing, but let’s not use the “playcalling/working under Reid excuse”.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Whew.

Vikings fan here. Spielman was a very good GM at finding talent and building a roster. He's also a fun guy to have during the draft as he almost always seems to make a big splash and loves trading.

His issue was just gelling with the coaches and getting them on board with a strategy. TBH, I'm still a little upset we got rid of him, as Zimmer was the real issue.

Jaguars fans should be happy if he joins their organization.

• Like 2

Just now, joru1000 said:

Vikings fan here. Spielman was a very good GM at finding talent and building a roster. He's also a fun guy to have during the draft as he almost always seems to make a big splash and loves trading.

His issue was just gelling with the coaches and getting them on board with a strategy. TBH, I'm still a little upset we got rid of him, as Zimmer was the real issue.

Jaguars fans should be happy if he joins their organization.

His drafts since 2016 weren’t very good. He also struggled mightily in finding a QB. Seems he got very cute on draft day in terms of accumulating later picks but that never seemed to amount to anything other than more camp bodies. Which i think was the plan, have more darts to throw in those later rounds vs keeping third and fourth round picks.