Week 16 Covid List Discussion

ET80

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

We also have to beat Baltimore and Cleveland so it's not just as simple as the KC game.

9-7-1 legitimately might take the division

Browns @ Green Bay
Ravens vs Rams
Bengals vs Chiefs

There's a lot that can happen in that division, but all of those teams have difficult ending schedules. Will be an interesting finish

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

9-7-1 legitimately might take the division

Browns @ Green Bay
Ravens vs Rams
Bengals vs Chiefs

There's a lot that can happen in that division, but all of those teams have difficult ending schedules. Will be an interesting finish

It might, but it all comes back to having to win those division games. You're 100% right for sure. Going to be very interesting 

21 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ian Book will start at QB for the Saints.

still gives them a better shot than starting a tight end at QB

Say what you will about Taysom Hill the passer, but the dude has found his was to a 5-2 record as a starter at QB. 

If Ian Book is better than that I’ll be ecstatic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dome said:

Say what you will about Taysom Hill the passer, but the dude has found his was to a 5-2 record as a starter at QB. 

If Ian Book is better than that I’ll be ecstatic.

To be fair, it's probably a bigger testament to Kevin James Sean Payton as a HC & game planner.   And that really needs to be a 4-2 record, hard to count the DEN-Covid game last year as a game where QB made any difference, with Kendall Hinton as our QB.   Still, 4-2 is nothing to sneeze at.  In today's NFL, it really is changing on what HC's can do to win games - on that count, Kevin James Sean Payton really gets full marks here.   

Even with Book as starter, Kevin James' Payton's ability to gameplan and adjust shouldn't be discounted (even if his love for Taysom cost him in some key games when Brees was around - GB week 2 2020, the SF game, etc., doesn't mean he hasn't figured out what works with Hill when he has to be the guy, and couldn't adjust to whatever he thinks Book might be OK with play-wise).   

I still favor MIA because of the short prep time with Book, but it's not like it's a stone-cold lock, and Peyton's a pretty big reason for that.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, it's probably a bigger testament to Kevin James Sean Payton as a HC & game planner.   And that really needs to be a 4-2 record, hard to count the DEN-Covid game last year as a game where QB made any difference, with Kendall Hinton as our QB.   Still, 4-2 is nothing to sneeze at.  In today's NFL, it really is changing on what HC's can do to win games - on that count, Kevin James Sean Payton really gets full marks here.   

Even with Book as starter, Kevin James' Payton's ability to gameplan and adjust shouldn't be discounted (even if his love for Taysom cost him in some key games when Brees was around - GB week 2 2020, the SF game, etc., doesn't mean he hasn't figured out what works with Hill when he has to be the guy, and couldn't adjust to whatever he thinks Book might be OK with play-wise).   

I still favor MIA because of the short prep time with Book, but it's not like it's a stone-cold lock, and Peyton's a pretty big reason for that.

There’s no doubt it’s a bigger testament to Kev- erm, Sean Payton.

But the other poster was saying that Book gives us a better chance at winning than Taysom, so I was just pointing out that’s a pretty damn good chance to win, not commenting on Taysoms ability 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

There’s no doubt it’s a bigger testament to Kev- erm, Sean Payton.

But the other poster was saying that Book gives us a better chance at winning than Taysom, so I was just pointing out that’s a pretty damn good chance to win, not commenting on Taysoms ability 

Fair point.   FWIW that's a pretty big stretch.   Given that MIA's D is really vulnerable to run and even more power run, a Hill-Kamara based backfield would give them a lot of fits.