Week 16 Covid List Discussion

ET80

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Fair point.   FWIW that's a pretty big stretch.   Given that MIA's D is really vulnerable to run and even more power run, a Hill-Kamara based backfield would give them a lot of fits.

Given the Ramcyzk and Armstead are likely out as well I can't see a way they keep it competitive bar Miami imploding. The Football Gods really want Miami in the playoffs!

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Apparition

• Helmet Catch Truther
  • Apparition
  • Veteran Members
  • 18,088 posts

It's wild to me how there are still sporting events with full capacity crowds happening right now.

Just insane.

We postponed NFL games for a week after 9/11 even though there was zero credible threat of anything bad happening at one of those, but we won't do it in the midst of the worst wave of a global pandemic.

We're pretty much where we are going to be. If you want to decrease your chances of getting it and especially getting it bad then get vaccinated.

If you are high risk maybe you don't take the chance of big crowds either way.

We pretty much have to let it run its course now. It's the new flu. I imagine it keeps mutating, much like the flu... forever.

I don't think we are at the point, at least in the country, to start cancelling things. This will probably be going on for the remainder of our lifetimes. It hopefully becomes less deadly once we're all exposed/vaccinated but I expect in 30 years people are going to be calling off sick because they have... something. Whether it is a cold, the flu or Covid.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, Webmaster said:

We'll try to keep this topic open to discuss all the players on the COVID list.  Please keep all your comments to football.  Do not discuss your thoughts on anything else COVID related

Does anyone know why the NFL isn't postponing anything and instead just insisting on playing games with over 400 players on the COVID list and a clear outbreak happening across every NFL team? Half of these games aren't even competitive because teams can't field competent rosters (see: Bengals vs. Ravens). 

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does anyone know why the NFL isn't postponing anything and instead just insisting on playing games with over 400 players on the COVID list and a clear outbreak happening across every NFL team? Half of these games aren't even competitive because teams can't field competent rosters (see: Bengals vs. Ravens). 

Don’t even get me started…