How long do you give the Giants until they're a legitimate title contender?

notthatbluestuff

They need to snag Bryce Young in the 2023 draft somehow or maybe find a hidden gem at QB. As of right now just build the OL and oh get rid of Joe Judge. I say they will win the division in the 2024 season and be SB contender as soon as 2025 assuming they find a QB these next 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

NY is a bigger hockey town too.

NY is big & diverse enough to support anyone provided they're winners. It does help that the other teams actually play in the city & not jersey, but tons of new yorkers loved their nfl teams.

I grew up in Westchester & most of my friends back then were Jets fans. I was a Niners fan from day 1, but the Giants were my 2nd team over the Jets. I also was a Yankees fan over the Mets. 

Our owner is going to hire a GM, probably in-house, that has to accept a year of Joe Judge being a lame duck just because they're afraid of looking "unstable" and firing another HC after two years.

I dont think it takes long to turn around any franchise that finds competent leadership, but until they do, it might as well be another 500 years.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Our owner is going to hire a GM, probably in-house, that has to accept a year of Joe Judge being a lame duck just because they're afraid of looking "unstable" and firing another HC after two years.

I dont think it takes long to turn around any franchise that finds competent leadership, but until they do, it might as well be another 500 years.

You guys have talent but Judge and Jones hold you back, as does your OL play.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You guys have talent but Judge and Jones hold you back, as does your OL play.

We have a lot of average players but zero elite talent rn. Maybe Andrew Thomas, Kadarius Toney, Azeez Ojulari, and Xavier McKinney can become very good players. Hell, even Jones isn't the worst QB in the world when healthy. The main problem comes from ownership down. How do you have a roster as mediocre as ours with a rookie QB contract and have no cap space?

On 12/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, ET80 said:

I'm not holding my breath - there's a lot to correct on that roster, let alone coaching and FO.

Getting a new GM and HC is a start, and finding a QB is going to accelerate the process. There are components to a quick rebuild here, but the three most important things are lacking.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Gettleman is gone one way or the other. If this team decides to hire in house, I might officially be done with this team. I think they will hire a new GM and give Judge a year and if no success then he’s gone and the GM will be able to hire his own guy and pick his new QB.

Meanwhile in this next draft, draft two OL with first two picks or take one OL and Edge. Or trade down one of the picks. But it’s the Giants and they will mess it up somehow. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

think the best option for rebuilding is bringing in a new GM and a new Coach.  However if they hire a GM in house and give that GM one year to fix everything I am fine with that as well. We have some contracts that are not easy to cut next season but will be easier to cut in 2023. It should be obvious what the next GM needs to do, on offense fix the line with our early draft picks and add a tight end. On defense add a premium pass rusher and use the mid round draft picks or tier 2 to tier 3 free agents to upgrade the linebackers. 

I am most in favor of spending our earliest draft pick on a pass rusher then using our 2nd 1st round draft pick in a trade back to get us an extra first round pick for next year. 

Edited by Go_Giants

The correct answer is a Thanos snap away from the Super Bowl IF that snap removbes Rodgers, Prescott, Murray, and Brady, along with most of the Cowboys roster beyond Dak.

Short of that, keeping Judge is smart.  They have 2 top 5 picks to use on the OL and there aren't any good enough QBs to distract them (well maybe Gettleman gets tempted).  They can get a WR in the second.  The line develops but they still lose a lot next year, where they land a QBOTF.  Dallas will be the only big obstacle to at least reaching the playoffs if they nail the next two drafts and sprinkle in some FAs that work out.  So maybe 4 years?