The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

Interesting episode. The stuff with Hughie and his dad was really, really good.

Comics spoilers:

Spoiler

Homelander asking if the rest of the 7 "will answer the call when the time comes" and Butcher keeping a presumed dead scientist alive to create a virus that kills supes... we are definitely looking at the white house showdown coming up next season, right?

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Interesting episode. The stuff with Hughie and his dad was really, really good.

Comics spoilers:

Hide contents

Homelander asking if the rest of the 7 "will answer the call when the time comes" and Butcher keeping a presumed dead scientist alive to create a virus that kills supes... we are definitely looking at the white house showdown coming up next season, right?

Spoiler

Ryan snaps after doing some bad stuff this season and next and realizing he’s disappointing his mom? 

Another solid episode.

I thought Hughie's Dad's scene was dumb until this ending and it was well worth it. Very nicely done. 

The farm scene was wild and offers the comedy the show always gives.

I'm guessing JDM's character isn't alive and I'm late to this party in figuring it out. 

Looking forward to next week!

10 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm guessing JDM's character isn't alive and I'm late to this party in figuring it out. 

Totally makes sense, I had zero idea of that, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Totally makes sense, I had zero idea of that, lol.

The fact he's seeing his wife and the guy missing the leg (name escapes me now) had a confused look on his face when Butcher kept saying "we" in the barn lead me to believe that. Don't think anyone else has been in the room when JDM and Butcher are chatting either but I could be misremembering......

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

It was a better episode than last weeks though there’s a few things that confused me.

Spoiler

First of all how would a wooden barn protect them from flying super powered sheep. Earlier super powerd chickens were going through people like butter lol. Also all of a sudden they nerfed Neuman powers. She blew many heads in a single room she couldn’t the same here? 

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

It was a better episode than last weeks though there’s a few things that confused me.

Reveal hidden contents

First of all how would a wooden barn protect them from flying super powered sheep. Earlier super powerd chickens were going through people like butter lol. Also all of a sudden they nerfed Neuman powers. She blew many heads in a single room she couldn’t the same here? 

I wanna say plot holes but I know it’s not correct, there’s another phrase , but can’t think of it

On 6/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, Blackstar12 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The barn's wood was injected with V.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This episode felt more like the comics and not in a good way. There was too many edgy cliche moments and extra shock value. Overall this season has been hit and miss compared to the first 3 seasons. 

Edited by Blackstar12

19 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Maybe I'm forgetting but this season has more gross moments?

They are being shocking just to be shocking and not to advance the story, and it's getting old.  Only so many times you can go back to the same gimmick.  About the only real moment I felt this episode was A-Train seeing the joy on the kids face seeing a hero actually help someone.  The Butcher realization at the end was solid.  They made a 35 minute episode over an hour though, so it was a bit of slog to get there.

• Like 1

Nice call on JDM last week.  Otherwise the ep was ok but IMO they’ve hit a ceiling with trying to gross / shock viewers.   It doesn’t really work now.

The fact they used Zendeya as the safe word for Web Weaver (as a poor man’s Spidey) was awesome though.