Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

I blame our ST first and foremost and then Rodgers.  I will always love Rodgers for how amazing he has been on the field but it is time to move on especially if we can get value for him.   

Edited by pojo

Just now, CWood21 said:

And they chose not to throw to him.  You can't complain about the offense being one dimensional if your QB chooses to only throw to two players.

the offense was geared around these guys by design.  Because the other guys are effing bums!  MVS is a role player on a good team and he was out.  Lazard is a ST guy on a good offense.

He missed the throw to Adams against Norman.  Short armed it. To me, that was the biggest knock on Rodgers.

Otherwise you have to credit the defense for making plays and generating pressure and covering up the other bums.  They were in his face all game, and often got home.  They forced a fumble in the RZ GB was lucky to recover (and then they didn't get points from the fg block)

The one time he did escape the rush, he hits Deguara in the numbers and he drops it.  Nobody else is creating ANY throws in the time alloted to him by the defense/offensive line matchup.

Just a credit to SF this was a game that played right into their playstyle.  Rodgers just executed the game plan, and the 9ers were well prepared.  This is how the game was "supposed" to go because this is what the coaching staff and Rodgers determined was the best strategy.  And I think they were right to approach it this way!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

We choked.  Again.  Deep down I knew this would happen but spent all week trying to convince myself it just can't/shouldn't happen.  This beyond pathetic and embarrassing.  Meh, **** it.

That what we are .. chokers!  Year after year.  Not good enough to get over the hump.  Blow it to hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howler said:

Rodgers looks fine since he rebuilt his lower body and restored his mechanics. He's still an artful thrower of the football.

I don't see any major drop in ability.

He was all but bounce passing Bob Cousy style all night. Underthrows everywhere. Major drop?  He fell off a cliff tonight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

IF you freely admit WR2 is a blocker more than anything - and you abandon the run - I don't much feel sorry for you. It's your scheme - fix it

wonder how much that is MLF play calls or Rodgers checks at the line?

I think if anything this game pushes more people into the post Rodgers camp. Dude laid an egg tonight. Yea, STs sucked, but that's been all year and was expected. You can't have your HOF MVP QB perform like that with that salary. I think this was his last game as a Packer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Blow it up ... trade Rodgers for the motherlode if you can, and start building a better roster.  Defense played extremely well, but the offense did next to nothing after the opening drive.   #12 helps get you there,  but hasn't come thru when it's on the line since the Super Bowl win.  Not all his fault, but we've tried and tried to get over the hump and it hasn't clicked.

It will be hard without him, but it seems like this is a jumping off point.  We will soon find out whether LaFleur can coach or not.  He turned in a turd today for sure.  We're probably a 6-11, or 7-10 team without Rodgers, but maybe we can use the assets to build a different type of squad that doesn't need a super star QB to win with.  

Very upsettting end to this season, but it really does seem like it's time for major change.

I predict an extended dry spell for Lombardi's akin to Dallas the past two decades.

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Not sure why he’d follow Rodgers after tonight beyond friendship and Adams’ friendship with Carr is a bit exaggerated. Not to mention he’s an (above?) average QB for a toxic franchise. Joe is looking like the real deal. 

Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd! Cincinnati is stacked at WR. 

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I can’t wait for when the 12 trade talks really start to escalate and some fans in here are gonna demand the mother lode for a guy who can’t get it done anymore.  Esp if he somehow notches the most unimpressive MVP year we’ve ever seen.  

As a massive, massive aaron rodgers fan, I am at complete peace with selling high

Just hope to god one of those three first rounders is worth a damn........We cannot Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders this.

• Like 2