Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt LaFleur on Packers offense doing nothing after opening drive: "Obviously I didn't do a good enough job putting our guys in position to make plays. That's about it."

Part of me thinks LaFleur is a bit of a fraud.  I'm not sure he's capable of winning without Rodgers.  I kind of want to see what he can do without him .. sink or swim.  Maybe he will show himself to be top notch.  Right now that 41-13 record seems a bit fraudulent.

Just now, StatKing said:

We've been full blown pretenders the last 3 years.

they beat the rams and competed well against the Super Bowl champions in the NFC championship game.

not sure how they are pretenders in any capacity.

Teams lose games, and the 9ers were a good team.  I think we had a much better shot with this roster vs TB and theirs if we do end up advancing.  SF was just a really tough out for GB!  Only 1 team can win the whole thing, and GB definitely had a very good shot this year.

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Part of me thinks LaFleur is a bit of a fraud.  I'm not sure he's capable of winning without Rodgers.  I kind of want to see what he can do without him .. sink or swim.  Maybe he will show himself to be top notch.  Right now that 41-13 record seems a bit fraudulent.

Well, his system is so run dependent in that it's not very adaptive, if the zone running isn't creating yardage and advantageous looks in play action.

10 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Just clean house from top to bottom and get it over with. How many losing seasons do people honestly think they will get before we get rid of them? 2 maybe 3? Next year when we win 5 games everyone will be calling for his head anyways. I'm just ahead of the curve.

No. You're not. You're a stormcrow.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I mean that's insane.  Even if we didn't get the punt blocked, SF easily could have marched down and scored.

There was no fake FG, there was no onside kick, there was no cowardly 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line field goals.  There were no squandered INTs or "get downs" by the defense.

It was a normal game of football which was competitive throughout.  There was never an 8 point lead.  This was just a competitive game where the biggest plays were on special teams.

Yeah, I forgot we for got 4 picks in that game.  Ok, revisited that suffering and stand corrected.  Though we did pick Jiimy G in the red zone tonight as well.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I mean that's insane.  Even if we didn't get the punt blocked, SF easily could have marched down and scored.

There was no fake FG, there was no onside kick, there was no cowardly 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line field goals.  There were no squandered INTs or "get downs" by the defense.

It was a normal game of football which was competitive throughout.  There was never an 8 point lead.  This was just a competitive game where the biggest plays were on special teams.

Not to mention tonight was the Divisional Round, not the NFC Championship. Tonight sucked, but the Seattle loss immunized me against ever feeling that much pain from sports again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The gap from Rodgers to Garappolo should be more than 10 points to 6

Take away the TD off the punt block.  GB scored 10 points, SF scored 6.   

13 if you count the blocked FG, 16-20 if you don't get the lewis fumble.

This isn't Jimmy G vs Rodgers. At best it's Rodgers/MLF vs SF and Jimmy/Shanahan vs GB

I just don't see a ton to point to in the actual plays of the game where you're pissed at Rodgers.  It feels good to blame him, but I just don't see it from the play of the team.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nah, LaFleur is a good coach. Just the culture he's brought to the team has been a huge improvement. I think Rodgers has benefited from playing with him too. We're obviously going to take a step back next year, but I don't doubt he's one of the best coaches in the league.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Not exactly sure what you are basing this on considering SF literally never did that in this game.

• Like 1

Salary cap is going to force GB to at least a mini-rebuild next year, regardless. It'll be all they can do to just get under the cap, much less re-sign Adams. 

If Rodgers doesn't want to be in a rebuild, that basically guarantees he'll be traded or retire. 

Max restructure of Clark/Bak, Extension of Alexander, & Cuts of Cobb/Turner/P.Smith/Lowry/Crosby still puts them about 4m short of where they'd want to be (assumed they'll want ~$4m margin). Restructure of Rodgers would give maybe +12.7m, giving us $8.7m to play with in FA. Not enough to bring back Adams. 

So that would be losing 3+ starters to cuts plus Adams in FA, at the minimum. And the entire WR/TE group gone except for probably Lazard. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Not exactly sure what you are basing this on considering SF literally never did that in this game.

they did just that on the final game-winning drive.

Anyway, they would have had a chance to score.  Easily is a poor choice of words.