Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

@Forge has this game right. SF can win, but we're a bad match-up for them. They're jam on defense is pressure with four. They're good at that to cover up a weak back-end. But Rodgers is an assassin and will take advantage of a weak secondary. 

They also cannot challenge our defense through the air. Our tackling has been MUCH improved from previous years. That helps to limit their YAC offense.

SF needs to steal at least a possession and win field position/ST to stay in this game. It's possible, but odds are in our favor. 

A game we win 3/4 times. If we're sharp on both sides, it's a two score win. If we're sharp and they're not (i.e. we steal a possession or two), it's 2-3 scores.

We lose if our RZ offense doesn't convert and our RZ defense get slashed. But that's unlikely to happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

we're going to lose. i can feel it. i don't feel confident at all

the Niners are going to whoop us again in the trenches on both sides of the ball and this is going to sting for the rest of our lives, because GB will no longer be relevant after Rodgers leaves

To me, this game has the feel of last year's Tennessee game...People were concerned Derrick Henry was going to have his way running the ball against our defense....Didn't happen and we won rather easily...

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but I'd think the biggest key is the Packers Oline playing well. Yes, a bonus would be to significantly contain Samuel, run game in general. But if the Packers Oline can win in the trenches, the Packers will outscore them even if they struggle to contain the 49'ers rushing attack. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Their last 2 games are essentially useless IMO. Vikes game they faced Sean Mannion who should never start an NFL game and the Lions game was a preseason game. I'm moreso talking about their 5 game stretch prior to those. Started with that first Vikes game and the problems persisted throughout. Defense started giving up far too many explosive plays and really struggled on 3rd downs

LOL ... just keep looking for ways for them to lose the game.  Packers by 10.

I did not like reading this:

The Niners’ running game matches up well against a Packers defense that has been quietly mediocre for a while. Green Bay finished 30th in rush defense EPA, a problematic trend that didn't improve over the course of the season. They last played a meaningful game three weeks ago against Sean Mannion. They last played a team that finished with a winning record in November. Green Bay’s starters were trailing at halftime against the Lions in Week 18

7 hours ago, James Lofton said:

The Niners’ running game matches up well against a Packers defense that has been quietly mediocre for a while. Green Bay finished 30th in rush defense EPA, a problematic trend that didn't improve over the course of the season. They last played a meaningful game three weeks ago against Sean Mannion. They last played a team that finished with a winning record in November. Green Bay’s starters were trailing at halftime against the Lions in Week 18

So what?  This team has played lights out all year with many of their best players out for extended periods of time.  Keep looking for reasons why the Packers should lose instead of why they should win; tough way to follow a team.   

9 hours ago, James Lofton said:

Lotta words that don't mean much. RBs averaged 19 carries for 82 yards against us this year.

• Like 1