2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Thing about the Niners is that they really only do this to the Rams. Shanahan seems to only be able to get it up for McVay.

Against teams not named the Rams:

8-7 - point differential +38 (almost all of this coming from their wins against the Jags and Titans)

Record against the NFC West - 0-4

Record against playoff teams - 2-4 (two wins - Eagles and Bengals - Eagles before they caught fire)

Against teams named the Rams:

2-0 - point differential +24

Record against the NFC West - 2-0

Record against playoff teams - 2-0

So basically, bet BIG money on Dallas. Especially because we'd love to see them beat Dallas and GB. Even with how tough of a match up they are, would rather them take out Green Bay in case we win a few playoff games.

I mean now go do the Cowboys record against teams that made the playoffs minus the Eagles...Or how about the Rams? 

Spoiler alert, it's hard to beat good teams on a consistent basis in this league. That's why you have to take care of your business against the inferior teams. But even the Niners losses against other playoff teams mainly came down to the wire. The lone exception was the second Cardinals game, right before the Niners went on to win 7 of 9. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean now go do the Cowboys record against teams that made the playoffs minus the Eagles...Or how about the Rams? 

Spoiler alert, it's hard to beat good teams on a consistent basis in this league. That's why you have to take care of your business against the inferior teams. But even the Niners losses against other playoff teams mainly came down to the wire. The lone exception was the second Cardinals game, right before the Niners went on to win 7 of 9. 

Titans approach is the opposite. Smash the good teams, sweat/lose the easy ones.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think @FrantikRam is projecting his feelings for McVay onto Shanny.

In a bizarre way it infuriates me that they're not as good against other teams.

They beat the Jags by 20. Texans by 16. But us by 21.

Lay down to ******* Colt McCoy, but destroy us.

Watching their DL and OL (second half) yesterday, they shouldn't lose to anyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

In a bizarre way it infuriates me that they're not as good against other teams.

They beat the Jags by 20. Texans by 16. But us by 21.

Lay down to ******* Colt McCoy, but destroy us.

Watching their DL and OL (second half) yesterday, they shouldn't lose to anyone.

I was just messing with you, but yeah they are real strong in the trenches and Shanahan is great at scheming up the run game. 

I get how him always doing great against your team would be frustrating too lol.

Could see them pulling an upset of the Cowboys, but we'll see. They'll have to control the time of possession with the run game and get it to guys in space and hope their corners don't get burned too bad. I think Ambry has been playing better lately and they get back K'Waun Williams. They definitely need Trent Williams back for Gregory and DLaw.

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing that makes this bizarre is that the past two years the Rams are a statistically better team than the Niners. The Cowboys don't really have that with the Eagles.

25% of the Niners wins the last two years came against us. It's embarrassing.

Please show up and beat Dallas. Please.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was just messing with you, but yeah they are real strong in the trenches and Shanahan is great at scheming up the run game. 

I get how him always doing great against your team would be frustrating too lol.

Could see them pulling an upset of the Cowboys, but we'll see. They'll have to control the time of possession with the run game and get it to guys in space and hope their corners don't get burned too bad. I think Ambry has been playing better lately and they get back K'Waun Williams. They definitely need Trent Williams back for Gregory and DLaw.

That last sentence just outlines how frustrating that game was. No Trent Williams. 70 year old Alex Mack. A few OL I've never heard of starting.

Against AD, Floyd and Miller?? Watch the Cowboys DL wreck that OL next week. I don't think I can watch that game because if it happens I'll lose my mind

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Please show up and beat Dallas. Please.

At first I was like why does he want them to win now?

Then I realized assuming we don't pull off probably the biggest upset in the NFC next weekend, then you're heading to Lambeau for the next round. Plus, I'm sure you want to host another playoff game where you can get revenge on them cause beating a team in their house two times in like a 3 week span is very difficult.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

At first I was like why does he want them to win now?

Then I realized assuming we don't pull off probably the biggest upset in the NFC next weekend, then you're heading to Lambeau for the next round.

Plus, I'm sure you want to host another playoff game where you can get revenge on them cause beating a team in their house two times in like a 3 week span is very difficult.

Yep. The NFL did us the courtesy of giving us the MNF game, so heading to Lambeau a day short on rest when they had a bye sounds super fun.

Obviously I'll be an Eagles fan this week, but it's the worst match up for you guys with their run d.

Although if y'all win, I will absolutely switch to rooting for Dallas. 

All of it is a moot point though - feel like we probably lose to AZ. I really feel like that loss ****ed the psyche of the entire team

Edited by FrantikRam

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

That last sentence just outlines how frustrating that game was. No Trent Williams. 70 year old Alex Mack. A few OL I've never heard of starting.

Against AD, Floyd and Miller?? Watch the Cowboys DL wreck that OL next week. I don't think I can watch that game because if it happens I'll lose my mind

Any given sunday. We know this.

The Eagles had for the most part had all 2nd to 4th stringers and a bunch of practice squad players starting with a super vanilla defensive scheme that was basically asking the Cowboys to carve our corners with like no experience and yet we still held 17-17 with them well into the first half.

Niners were also playing for their playoff lives while you were trying to secure seeding, but yeah that's a game you should win. I think you guys will beat the Cards and will be in the divisional round though. Gotta put that Niners game in the rearview.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Any given sunday. We know this.

The Eagles had for the most part had all 2nd to 4th stringers and a bunch of practice squad players starting with a super vanilla defensive scheme that was basically asking the Cowboys to carve our corners with like no experience and yet we still held 17-17 with them well into the first half.

Niners were also playing for their playoff lives while you were trying to secure seeding, but yeah that's a game you should win. I think you guys will beat the Cards and will be in the divisional round though. Gotta put that Niners game in the rearview.

Is the Eagles defense good? I forgot that they played Tampa decently close easier this year. Haven't been able to get a guage on that defense though

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yep. The NFL did us the courtesy of giving us the MNF game, so heading to Lambeau a day short on rest when they had a bye sounds super fun.

Far from ideal lol.

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Obviously I'll be an Eagles fan this week, but it's the worst match up for you guys with their run d.

Although if y'all win, I will absolutely switch to rooting for Dallas. 

Interesting.

I thought if the Eagles won you would want a rematch with the Niners at home instead of having to go on the road to play in Dallas where Dak has played his best ball.

As far as the Eagles winning I think we are capable of pulling it off if Miles Sanders was back. Without him I'm kinda iffy. I realize Tampa might not get all their guys back and we've had success running it this year even without Sanders. I just would really feel better if he was in cause he provides an explosive element none of the other backs do. Like going from Howard to Scott to Sanders is all different types of runners. He was playing the best ball of his career before the injury I felt like too. He was hitting holes with much more purpose and had one of the lowest percentages of zero and negative gains this year. It's a shame we haven't got him a TD all year. He also isn't dropping passes like he was last year. 

Obviously Jonathan Gannon has been better in the second half of the year and has done more disguise and different stuff than very early in the season when we played Tampa and had lots of soft zone coverages and one of the most vanilla defensive schemes in the league. He'll definitely need to trust his guys and be more aggressive if he wants to beat Brady.

12 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

All of it is a moot point though - feel like we probably lose to AZ. I really feel like that loss ****ed the psyche of the entire team

That would be a shame. Not sure why that loss would decimate their psyche. Think you're worrying a bit too much, but I guess we'll see.